Can't figure it out

IQ question I couldn't solve.Can you find the logic behind these patterns and pick correct answer?

grrd.jpg

I am going with "C" as the solution.

In the first row when you overlay the patterns of the circles ie top to bottom you end up with a circle pattern on the grid with one double up , 2nd row triangles same pattern and same double up ... the third row overlay the crosses that's my guess and why as well.

I realised with the total sum of objects it had to be something beyond my first guesses.

Edited by Jasper

I am going with "C" as the solution.

In the first row when you overlay the patterns of the circles ie top to bottom you end up with a circle pattern on the grid with one double up , 2nd row triangles same pattern and same double up ... the third row overlay the crosses that's my guess and why as well.

I realised with the total sum of objects it had to be something beyond my first guesses.

i think you got the general rule right, i think the amount of shapes that you can get on 1 3x3 is relative to the shape, so the circle misses one shape as its 1 line, x misses 2 shapes as its 2 lines and the triangle misses 3 shapes as its 3 lines HOWEVER theres a few answers which fit that logic so following this rule there must be something else relative to the overlay of the other shapes too......far too much thinking at 9am ;)

Edited by keelanz

i think you got the general rule right, i think the amount of shapes that you can get on 1 3x3 is relative to the shape, so the circle misses one shape as its 1 line, x misses 2 shapes as its 2 lines and the triangle misses 3 shapes as its 3 lines HOWEVER theres a few answers which fit that logic so following this rule there must be something else relative to the overlay of the other shapes too......far too much thinking at 9am ;)

When I did it with the other shapes you end up with irregular amounts of double ups meaning instead of one space leftover it was varied ... sometimes 2 , sometimes 3 ... so I still think my answer is the correct one.

Because I only end up with one missing space in each row and I used each shape iaswell ie one different shape per row and the outcome was the same each time.

But only in the order I listed ie

Circles, triangles and lastly crosses.

If you use the shapes in any other order or just one of the shapes for each row there is no consistent outcome otherwise.

I found two patterns that eliminate answers B, D, E, G and H.

I think the answer is F, but I need more time to confirm it.

I did something like that and then ended up with a new answer the one above.

*waits* for what you come up with.

I found a maths *2 pattern that allowed for all squares to be accounted for but there was not the uniformity that C allowed for as I saw it.

Edited by Jasper