Biochem Topic ideas

Kim345

Hello Everyone,

I have been assigned to write a HYPOTHETICAL research proposal for a graduate level Biochemistry class. I have been racking my brain for possible topics, as well as scouring dozens of journals but I cannot seem to find any that will provide me with a working hypothesis that could utilize reasonable biochemical techniques. If you have come accross any recent topics/papers in your travels that have any unanswered questions that could be easily solved I would really appreciate it if you would post them below. Thank you!!! I just need a few ideas to maybe get me in the right track.

Will you need to actually perform any experiments that you propose? And what areas of biochemistry are you interested in?

One possible idea could be working out how to isolate/detect the intermediates in PKS biosynthesis....the ones that remain covalently attached to the enzymes via the thioester linkerage. As far as I'm aware, not many of these intermediates have been observed and the majority of them are only proposed structures.

Investigating reaction schemes of enzymes? Lots of work is being done into reaction mechanisms and orders.

Oh yeah, if you dare you can look into faster than diffusion enzyme kinetics. Currently a hot topic in both biochemistry and physical chemistry. Let us know your findings if you do this. I'm very interested in such things.

Oh yeah, if you dare you can look into faster than diffusion enzyme kinetics. Currently a hot topic in both biochemistry and physical chemistry. Let us know your findings if you do this. I'm very interested in such things.

I was actually going to do a PhD in this field (I accepted another one instead), so Ia would be interested too.