When you increase flow rate does reabsorption decrease?

scilearner

Hello quick question,

Let's say there is tube with costant flow. It has ion channels surrouding it. X ion is absorbed from it, Y ion is secreted into it. When you increase flow rate does aborption of X decrease and secretion of Y increase. Is it because there is less time for reabsorption and more empty space for secretion. Just asking to clarify. Thanks :)

Would the answer to this not be dependent on Grahams Law of Effusion as would be directly affected by Bernoullis Principle and the terms of size and structural formation of the ions in question? I think Bernouillis principle effectively asserts your assumption and Grahams Law dictates to what degree. I would have thought however that there would be a case where the reduced collision rate would unimpede such activity thereby increasing both the secretion of one ion and the absorption of the other; especially under the condition of ionization and the interaction potential that this forms. I think this is a pretty complex question to answer in a simple manner but the literature seems to agree in your favour.

Edited by Xittenn