Keeping track of topics

Only to keep it in my personnal list. Sometimes interesting (to me) threads are disappearing from the Today's Posts (my favorite) due a shower of uninteresting (to me) topics.

When you have opened the thread there should be a button in the upper right corner called [Watch Topic].

I never use the watch topic feature. I dont want notifications, only to be kept on a list, about like a favorite in Internet Explorer.

You can choose to watch a topic without any notifications and then later view your list of watched topics.

You can choose to watch a topic without any notifications and then later view your list of watched topics.

watched topics are not listed under "my content". Usually I try to reply constructively in interesting threads, but when no one respond they get harder to find. For some peculiar reason I had lost this specific one. There should be some utility that could help each user to organize threads & posts (sorting by preferences, by stars, by colors, alphabetic list or subjects or specific words or other). Maybe this utility exists and I am not aware of it.

Under [My Settings] - the [Forums] tab and [Manage Watched Topics] option, you will find another list which contains your watched topics, most threads will be in both lists but depending on your participation and other settings not all of them.

This list also have a time filter for how recent the latest post must be to be showed, which can be changed when searching for old threads.

You can also go to your notification options and opt to receive an email or inline notification whenever someone posts in a topic you've watched. (Inline notifications are the ones that appear in the drop-down at the top right of the page, and in the list on the right column of the forum index.)

Emphasis mine.

Thanks I may do that.

Is there a simple way to download entire threads & organize these in my PC? I have a bad experience with another Forum that closed for a long time. I thought I lost everything. Thanks to Idontknowwhy the Forum reestablished connection after a few months & I had to rely on my (bad) memory to extract the interesting stuff. Fortunately there was not much.

For the moment I have put all confidence in the reliability of this Forum but since there is a lot of interesting conversations arising I would like to save some of it.

Edited by michel123456