the origin of the very high energy cosmic ray ?

alpha2cen

I have heard there is very high energy cosmic ray in the universe.

Where is the cosmic ray above 1x1020eV created?

Which reaction make it possible? I think the reaction is not normal fusion reaction.

Edited by alpha2cen

Recently observed object in the space through the telescope is the exploded nebula, and the intensity is about peta eV.

I guess a strong supernova could generate some, they aren't perfectly cemetrical. Though its honestly pretty astounding that a tiny piece of matter than you can't even see can hit you with a force of a baseball bat traveling 96 miles per hour. No wonder people get cancer.

Edited by steevey

I guess a strong supernova could generate some, they aren't perfectly cemetrical. Though its honestly pretty astounding that a tiny piece of matter than you can't even see can hit you with a force of a baseball bat traveling 96 miles per hour. No wonder people get cancer.

This observation is important, it give us the clue of particles , mass origin or origin of the Universe.

We can not do that kind of experiment on the Earth.

This observation is important, it give us the clue of particles , mass origin or origin of the Universe.

We can not do that kind of experiment on the Earth.

Well there are definitely telescopes which can pick up gamma rays from space. And observationally, the very powerful ones usually coincide with gamma-ray bursts or quasars.

Edited by steevey

Well there are definitely telescopes which can pick up gamma rays from space. And observationally, the very powerful ones usually coincide with gamma-ray bursts or quasars.

Recently found high energy cosmic-ray by optical telescope is the results of supernova explosion.

So ,I think, form the detailed observation of that area we can estimate quark-gluon plasma property.

Recently found high energy cosmic-ray by optical telescope is the results of supernova explosion.

So ,I think, form the detailed observation of that area we can estimate quark-gluon plasma property.

Wait, gamma rays can't be seen with optical telescopes, that's partly why they are gamma-rays. They are wavelengths with a high enough energy to be out of our vision. Super-nova's naturally produce gamma-rays too, there doesn't need to be a quark-gluon thing, its just usually the electromagnetic resistance of the collapsing core sent out in the form of shock waves through the gas, which also heats up and emits a lot of energy.

And I don't think that generally a star heats up the gas so much that the quarks and gluons are free, I mean, your talking trillions of degrees to overcome the strong force like that, and not all the energy in a supernova is thermal energy.

Edited by steevey

Wait, gamma rays can't be seen with optical telescopes, that's partly why they are gamma-rays. They are wavelengths with a high enough energy to be out of our vision.

The data was obtained by Fermi's Large area telescope. But the energy level is bigger than LHC.