genetic program

avefrm

It is necessary to decifer the genetic program of the multicellular organism's forming. For the beginning on the example of the simple organism as some worm. It will open the outlook for growing the new

organs in the human body. I think these researches must be financed better.

Edited by avefrm

We may be able to find homological similarities, but it is questionable how far those homological similarities will go. Combine that fact with how the central nervous system (CNS) of a worm is different from a human's, and you must understand that involuntary AND voluntary control of particular systems, such as heart rate and breathing, may not be so easily understood with a model organism, such as C. elegans.

For instance, I was lying down last night thinking about pacemaker potentials, nerve development in the heart, and whether or not worms can be a good enough model system to examine how hearts develop and mesh with a nervous system. I think they are a good model for study (as I even understood as a child when I would always cut up worms to watch them live on their remaining hearts -- earthworms have five), but I still think it won't get the complete picture.

Edited by Genecks