Particle Physics

MR. Science

Particle or fusion  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What should we focus more on?

• fusion power
    • particle physics

A future breakthorugh tech, however way ahead of our time, or not with the way technological advances are progressing, it is projected that we will discover and do more feats this coming century then mankind has done in 1,000 years. Since we are expontentially expanding our knowledge we never know when this stuff might be possible: everything from liquid computer processers to engines that convert light from stars to energy to speeds far greater than 1,000,000 miles per milliseconds, great things are possible, but sadly man will make new laws that limit themselves until new breakthroughs come. My question is how far is a useable technology using particle physics.

Now as for fusion power that might be possible, meaning we might have a working one somewhere on earth thats fully functional around 2017, where talking about possiblities such as producing 1 billion megawatts of power per hour and being able to power 100 million office buildings for a year to being able to go around 2 to 3 million miles per hour, making mars a 3 or 4 day trip, this should be possible in as little as 15 to 20 years, how far do you think we are away from fusion power.

Be mannerful.

If I had to vote I would have to vote for both since experiments in the hadron collider and the learning more about the fusing of particles would help us better understand how they act and what they are made of. Or, particle physics might tell us more about how particles fuse. In either case, they are both beneficial to each other.