computer decission help?

dragonstar57

what is the best brand of computer and whats the best operating system?

do desktop computers have better performance than laptops?

what is the difference between a notebook a netbook and a laptop?

which is the best browser and why?

what is the best antivirus software?

what is the best free antivirus software?

can a laptop be gotten for $x<$300? and if so will it be crappy?

Edited by dragonstar57

1. what is the best brand of computer and whats the best operating system?

2. do desktop computers have better performance than laptops?

3. what is the difference between a notebook a netbook and a laptop?

4. which is the best browser and why?

5. what is the best antivirus software?

6. what is the best free antivirus software?

7. can a laptop be gotten for $x<$300? and if so will it be crappy?

A1: best brand is MacBook Pro & iMac, best operating system is Mac OS X

A2: yes, depending on the architecture you use, and the addings

A3: netbook is a small laptop that is good only for those who use internet and office programs usually powered by Intel Atom Processor

-- notebooks are meduim laptops in the size of a notebook ("13) with a fair performance usually comes with Intel i3 and i5,

-- laptops are big laptops ("15 and "17) that comes with Intel i5 and i7 and huge supports and add-ons

A4: Firefox, for many reasons, including supportability, cross-platform, rich with good add-ons, good HTML interpreter,

-- and soon it will support HTML5 + CSS3

A5: Kaspersky

A6: Avira

A7: yes, you can get a good low-price laptop that is used, usually a clean used Acer\Assus laptop can be bought with a price

-- between 160 and 280 US $, and powered by Intel Core 2 Duo with speed range 1.4 ~ 2.0

Good luck

~khaled

what is the best brand of computer and whats the best operating system?

do desktop computers have better performance than laptops?

what is the difference between a notebook a netbook and a laptop?

which is the best browser and why?

what is the best antivirus software?

what is the best free antivirus software?

can a laptop be gotten for $x<$300? and if so will it be crappy?

For out of the box computers Dell and Apple Mac are probably the best. Dell has good hardware inside and is generally well priced, whereas Macs are time tried and user friendly.

Desktop computers have more processing power and more often than not provide much more than needed. A laptop will generally maximize the use of its componentry, although in terms of power consumption the costs are levied and evaluated continuously in a laptop but ultimately I believe a desktop will waste less and are more green. A netbook has even less processing than a laptop and is designed for the consumer who wishes to run minimal application software and maximize their time spent net-twitting.

There are plenty of threads about browsers and operating systems and this is not a question that really needs a fiftieth rendition. Norton Antivirus as far as I'm concerned is the best kept virus and protection software for the general consumer, if I had money I would buy a copy. Instead I choose to use Microsoft Essentials for my protection needs. I find the best solution for protection is to not download illegal copies of software or frequent sites that may have ill-mannered individuals.

I'm sure you could find a used laptop for under $300 that will play games and net-twitt as well. If you want and/or need something new you will be hard pressed to find a netbook for that. You might want to look into the pod set of devices or similar, maybe a higher end phone.