Alternative Computer Science Jobs?

kurtis

Hey Guys/Girls,

I'm less than a year from completing my B.A. in Computer Science at Wright State University. I had an epiphany though. I realized I don't want to spend the rest of my life sitting in front of a computer screen.

Are there any options out there for jobs with my degree that don't involve operating a computer all day long? I'm starting to think my only choice would be to go back for a Math degree or something similar but I've been in school for 7+ years and even then my future seems bleak.

Thanks!

Hey Guys/Girls,

I'm less than a year from completing my B.A. in Computer Science at Wright State University. I had an epiphany though. I realized I don't want to spend the rest of my life sitting in front of a computer screen.

Are there any options out there for jobs with my degree that don't involve operating a computer all day long? I'm starting to think my only choice would be to go back for a Math degree or something similar but I've been in school for 7+ years and even then my future seems bleak.

Thanks!

Are you good in Research and Teaching ?

I actually do enjoy both although I've never had much of an opportunity to dig into either deeply. As far as either goes ... would I basically have to pursue my Masters and then PhD?

Thanks for the suggestions none-the-less!

I actually do enjoy both although I've never had much of an opportunity to dig into either deeply. As far as either goes ... would I basically have to pursue my Masters and then PhD?

Thanks for the suggestions none-the-less!

Or, you could just go for a teaching license instead and teach Computer Science AP to high school kids. I think that going this route would take less time and would be cheaper, but you would do this if you actually wanted to do any teaching. If you hate being around high school kids or hate teaching people things that they don't understand, then you probably should go get your masters and then maybe a PhD. However, if teaching is something you find yourself driven to do, then go for it.

If you want to try out the idea of teaching, then maybe you could go to a community college and teach programming.