Expansion or Collapse

Thrand

A singularity of infinate mass and density explodes creating spacetime and our known universe in what is widely known as the "big bang" theory. 15 billion years later scientists have deducted that the universe is expanding at an exponential rate and is showing no signs of slowing down (the expansion is actually speeding up). Many theorized that the universe would slow down in its expansion and eventually collapse into what is dubbed the "big crunch", but modern scientific data has proved the exact opposite, the universe is expanding faster every second and no real concrete answers as to why... Please express your ideas and share your opinions, anyone have a theory? Expansion forever, collapse forever, collapse then expand again, or other?

unfortunately for those who want a definate answer there isnt a real one.

however there are many different theories, these are the main 3:

the universe keeps expanding forever.

the universe reaches a 'limit' and stops expanding and just stays still forever.

the universe expands and then reaches the 'critical limit' and then the big crunch.

they are the three most well known and popular ones. i'm not sure which one i think will happen.

Expansion forever except for local groups of matter that exert a constant gravitational effect on each other if your talking matter not just space time.

So you go in favor of the basic principles of Inertia, that is "a property of matter by which it continues in its existing state of rest or uniform motion in a straight line, unless changed by an external force".

Why do you think all matter is speeding up from the point of explosion as opposed to remaining constant?

I welcome any Ideas, Hypotheses, or theory on this subject.