stress and psychosis

random

Just what makes a person so susceptible to stress that they have a state of psychosis? The person whom I speak of had alot of contributing factors he was assaulted and knocked unconscious but MRI showed no lasting damage (could it still cause psychosis? and permanent damage?) part of his head he claimed felt numb and had a pressure sensation. He starved himself living on coffee and cigarettes more or less for several months resulting in 50 lb weight loss, severe sleep deprivation, and the stress of ending a 10 year or more relationship. That's alot for anyone but since the psychotic episodes did not begin until after the assault would this not be the most likely cause?

After hearing his story I am shocked that no one in the medical profession seems interested in diagnosing the actual cause 30 day's in a forensic mental health facility and all they came up with was a severe psychotic illness producing schizophrenic like symptoms with no effort to find the root cause. He said in fact he only met with the psychiatrist once for a total of 10 minutes and the beginning of that conversation was about reccommending anti psychotics. It was not until his linking with an out patient psychiatrist that any questions were asked of him and he has made a full recovery without any medication as he refused it in the institution citing he was not eating or sleeping and sustained a head injury and believed that was the main cause but that was ignored.

Curiously enough he has also claimed that the psychotic state was very pleasant "the happiest period of his life" He said it was as if dreaming while awake the relationships he had, though delusional were very desirable as they conformed to his ideal and he has stated a desire to intentionally induce it because he still claims it was a period of spiritual awakening, though he no longer has the delusions he is sure it was spirits he spoke with a psychic experience and he wishes to prove it as such. I am sure I have been in the presence of ghosts myself and I believe most everyone else I know has too at least once would there be any harm in encouraging that it may have been a psychic experience? He seems more confused about all of this now than he did before.