real world calculator

dragonstar57

are there any calculators that do not use scientific notation or provides exponent answers

like this?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=+300%2C000%2C000+x+300%2C000%2C000

i want a number. i know that such a number would be in the billions but thats the point

i want to know a number not just weather the number is big or not

ps the description should be "a calculator THAT does REAL numbers

Edited by cipher510

• 4 weeks later...

my advice. learn it, it's easy. Scientific notation is just a short hand for showing how many zero's or places are in the entire number. For example [math] 9.0 \times 10^{16} [/math] is just [math] 9 000 000 000 000 000 0. 0 [/math]. So as you can see you just "move" the decimal point over 16 positions to the right. Or if it's negative it would be to the left. Another example for clarity [math] 10.5440 \times 10^3 [/math] which is [math] 10544. 0 [/math]

Note: Google does display as many numbers as needed, displaying 16 zeros is redundant and who wants to count out 16 zeros anyways.

Edited by darkenlighten

ps the description should be "a calculator THAT does REAL numbers

If by REAL numbers you mean 1,234,567,890 instead of 1.234567890e09, what exactly makes the former REAL and the latter not REAL?

If by REAL numbers you mean the reals, sorry, such a beast does not and cannot exist. Almost all real numbers are not computable.

Edited by D H