SPUC letter

tomgwyther

Mostly for the Brits on this forum:

Has anyone received a letter from an organisation called SPUC? (Society for the protection of unborn children.)

I have, and found it utterly abhorrent. I have attached a copy of the letter and my response to it below. If you have received such a letter and are a disgusted as I was, please let me know. I'm writing to the charity itself ad the Information commissioners office to get something done about this.

Thanks

post-1962-034480200 1282060751_thumb.jpg

post-1962-076234200 1282060974_thumb.jpg

post-1962-001990200 1282060994_thumb.jpg

Dear John Smeaton / SPUC

Thank you for you letter Ref: PR46C / P 40773 / SARs3.

Firstly I would like to know exactly how you obtained my name and address, without my consent or knowledge, moreover, without my explicit agreement. It is evident that the data protection act 1998 may have been breached to my detriment. This is an offence I take very seriously and intend to follow up.

Your letter also ‘thanked me’ for signing SPUC’s petition against abortion advertising on television.

I wish to make it very clear that I have never signed, nor have a supported SPUC.

If a document has been signed (as is expressed in your letter) in my name then it is a forgery and in contradiction of the Forgery and Counterfeiting Act 1981.

I intend to investigate both of these apparent breaches of the law and reserve the right to seek prosecution of any person, organization or legal personality which I feel has acted in a way which is detrimental to my person or me as an individual.

I also find the language used in your letter unnecessarily vile and repugnant, and in some cases misleading, deceptive, untrue and - to be frank – unintelligible. I know first hand; the emotions involved during the abortion procedure and feel your letter treated me (and presumably many like me) with contempt and disdain. I find this unacceptable.

You advocate that women should be forced by law to have a child against their will, I have never met a woman of sound mind who would agree with this dictatorial despotic idea. Your dogmatic arrogance should have no place in an intelligent, civil society.

I accept the motto that everyone is entitled to there own opinions and beliefs, but you are not entitled to your own facts.

A collection of non-sentient cells with no nervous system is not by any definition a human being. If it’s deemed to have the potential to be one, then so would millions of sperm/eggs have such potential and yet, they die with no interest in their plight.

Of the millions of unloved, uncared for orphans around the world who desperately need parents; to force women who have become pregnant either through contraceptive failure, rape or shear ignorance, to have children who they don’t want, cannot afford, cannot raise seems unintelligible, ill-conceived and just plain evil.

Making abortion against the law would deny women the right to what happens to their own body and may result in DIY abortions, the horrific consequences of this don’t even bear thinking about. Avocation of something which could bring about this scenario seems wrong.

Our human population is increasing exponentially; it will be within my life time that we reach the planets carrying capacity. That is, the ability to provide enough resources to maintain a reasonable standard of living for everyone (Approx 9 billion).

Already we are seeing signs of this critical capacity being reached, where approximately 25000 people die every day due to lack of food and medicine.

Education, contraception and the right to have an abortion are all crucial to alleviating this population growth problem which we are faced with. (6.6 billion currently, Approx 9.7 Billion by 2050. It may seem cold to look at humanity as statistics and numbers, but there it is. Either we make efforts now, or millions of innocent, already born people will die in pain and abject misery. It is a stark fact that we must deal with now.

Yours sincerely

Tom Gwyther

Edited by tomgwyther