Need advice about Online Certificate !

Ahmed Badr

I need your advice about getting my Online Certificate in Computer Science,

As I'm currently studying Libraries and Information Science in a local college.

I'm Web and Desktop programmer, but need a certificate in that field, in order to apply to some jobs.

How much is it good idea to do ?

And What are the best choices I've ?

Finally, How much should that cost ?

Thanks in advance ..

Edited by Ahmed Badr

• 2 weeks later...

I'm Web and Desktop programmer, but need a certificate in that field, in order to apply to some jobs.

Thanks in advance ..

If you are already doing the course shouildn't you be rewarded the certificate? Also What type of certificate are you getting offline, it is illegal to buy some certificates of the web, I thought I would warn you.

http://www.icslearn.co.uk/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=ppc&utm_term=online_course&utm_campaign=generics try links like these.

Also I could barely understand what you have put which could be why you haven't recieved any replies. Try to be more clear. I was confused mainly by 'And what are the best choice I've?' Best choice of what?

Hope you get what you are looking for. I'm sorry I couldn't understand you so well.

Truth.

Thanks in advance ..

I let contracts for computer programmers regularly, having at some time recently up to 30 architects, designers and analysts working under my direction in the past 10 years. Currently I have seven working for me with hourly rates between $115 and $230 per hour depending on skill and task. None of these have online certificates. They all have accredited degrees from reputable institutions. I have hired some in the past with technical certificates from online institutions and in general I find these people to be less skilled and less capable than these others. If you are capable of getting a proper degree in Computer Science then do it. These can be accomplished online or in night school. While the certificate won't hurt, it is time and money to obtain and it detracts from obtaining a more useful credential. If a degreed program is something that would be too challenging for you or is not realistic given your situation, then by all means get the certificate and use it.

I will hold off on specific advice pending your response.