Environmental Sciences

I see there is no environmental science sub forum. I think it would be a good place to discuss our collective future and hopefully inspire some interesting debates on renewables and what to do about CO2 as well as terraforming and geophysics.

Just a thought, not sure where it would live though, maybe general science?

Also, as a side note (not sure if you guys have the bandwidth to implement it) having the last few posts of a thread displayed in reverse order under the advanced reply box, may help avoid people misrepresenting/misunderstanding things they thought they read.

I must say I'm rather disappointed by the response(or lack there of) to this request. I would consider the environment to be one of the issues which will dominate global focus in the next generation, as they try to come to terms with the damage we've done since the industrial 'revolution'.

It would be a great place to discuss how future energy production can be economically implemented as well as discussing the pro's and con's of the options currently presented to us(ie. nuclear vs renewables etc).

Seeing as this site may well harbour a few leaders of tomorrow, I would of thought it opportune to discuss the long term future of humanity.

well, if you want to discuss the environment either:

put it in biology,

put it in general sciences or

put it in general discussion.

depending on the exact question you have in mind. there does not need to be a specific area to post a question.

i.e. you see electronics in computer sciences, you see computer screen capture techniques in general discussion, you see whether to trust someone over ebay on general discussion... you dont need to be soo worried about where to put the question, so long as it is approx right, like dont put a question about DNA in the computer part!

yes, but there are a few section which are missing.

pyrotechnics could have its own

electronics could have its own

environmental stuff could have its own

you just think of new ideas of new sections every time you think of a question, usually there's somewhere to put it, if not put it somewhere where it will be looked at by the right people, and if not there's always general sciences and general discussion. :)

electronics is a very wide subject, pyrotechnics is less so... although both sections could have interesting threads.

you are obviously very into this subject, others arent so, there are still many threads on it, why dont you post your questions in one of the above mentioned sections, the same people will look at them, it dont really make a difference what subject its under, [with in reason].

Perhaps. I think that others lack of interest in the stems from where society(both political and social) places it on the rungs of importance. Thats kind of why I thought having a thread subsection, maybe under the grouping of other sciences, would at least inspire some passionate debates on what we are doing and how to undo it. I am indeed passionate about it but I don't belive there is a relevant section currently on these forums which such things could be placed.