plz help me out guyzzz.

i work in an industry where electroplating is a major opeartion...my question is regarding Nickel Plating bath...

the main constituents of Nickel bath are:

Nickel Sulphate

Boric Acid

Nickel chloride...

But in my industry we are using ammonium chloride insted of Nickel chloride... but i want to do is replace amm. chloride with nickel chloride but i dnt wanna change whole bath...so my question is:

can i directly add Nickel chloride in the existing bath?????

does any reaction will occur b/w amm. chloride & Nickel Chloride???? If yes, then wat kinda rxn would it be, and how can i prevent it????

plz reply ASAP...[/B]

You are aware nickel chloride is already in there, right?

No....i said we are using ammonium chloride instead of nickel chloride...but nickel chloride is better chemical to be used so now we want to use nickel chloride....now plz telll me...

does amm. chloride whisch is already present theer in the bath reacts with nickel chloride which i m gonna add in the bath...

There is nickel chloride in there. Both the nickel and chloride dont care if they came from nickel sulphate or ammonium chloride. If you don't understand that, why are you messing with electrochemical baths?

NiSO4 + aq --> Ni2+ + SO42-

2 NH4Cl + aq --> 2 NH4+ + 2 Cl-

I would get the exact same solution by doing this:

NiCl2 + aq --> Ni2+ + 2 Cl-

(NH4)2SO4 + aq --> 2 NH4+ + SO42-