The Chemical Universe (theory)

Double K

This isn't a true theory, just something I am postulating on some recent musings.

I welcome discussion or dis-proofs of the idea, and keep in mind my knowledge of big-bang etc is pretty surface level so this may in fact already kind of exist in a way.

Also this is only something I recently thought of, so theres likely to be holes all through it.

That out of the way - the basic precept is this.

Chemical evolution is a provable thing that has been studied and shown by others.

We are essentially chemical beings.

All of our interactions are chemical based, the synthesis of energy which we use to exist is, a chemical reaction.

All of our environment is chemical, and although wind, gravity, thermal energy are all part of that system, wouldn't a "chemical universe" be theoretically possible?

Ageing is a chemical reaction

Attraction (pheromones) another chemical reaction

ATP production - chemical

Seratonin, euphoria - chemical

etc etc..

Each astronomical body is made of various compounds.

Is it possible that in addition to gravity (or perhaps this is even the cause of gravity?) that orbits are maintained by chemical bonds, valence, and charge?

Mass is essentially derived depending on what chemicals & elements make up an object, as such the chemical makeup of an object dictates this mass therefore dictating it's gravitational affect.

If all that exists is made up of chemical elements, then surely overlooking the nature and reaction of chemicals in a universal context would be short sighted?

If this was true, wouldn't it even be possible to "model" the universe on a small scale given we know fairly accuratley the chemical make-up of each planet/star/gas giant etc.

Edited by Double K

Chemical evolution is a provable thing that has been studied and shown by others.

Abiogenesis is the theory, generally accepted by mainstream science, but I think, you are implying a certainty, not shown by empirical evidence, considering the amount of time that this process took.

We are essentially chemical beings.

All of our interactions are chemical based, the synthesis of energy which we use to exist is, a chemical reaction.

All of our environment is chemical, and although wind, gravity, thermal energy are all part of that system, wouldn't a "chemical universe" be theoretically possible?

On a different scale, the universe behaves differently. From quarks interacting with each other to relativistic space-time effects. Chemistry and chemical elements are simply human invented concepts, attempting to describe physical phenomena. So in this sense, they are quite specific and extending them like a metaphor to describe everything seems impractical to me. Wouldn't you agree that all chemicals are made of atoms, and all atoms of neutrons, protons and electrons, and then quarks and then...

Another thing - most of the matter (that is the 4.6 % normal matter, not the dark energy and dark matter) in the universe is in form of plasma - no electrons. No electrons - no molecules.