Density and its effect on volume of a drop

Guest Stellar

Guest Stellar

I have absolutely no idea if this is the right place to post this :/

But.

I need to know how density affects the volume of a drop.

For example, if i have distilled water and water with NaCl. Will the solution with NaCl have a higher density and a smaller volume of a drop? Does density make the volume of liquids smaller?

I hope someone understood my question and could help me.

Thank you :)

It would probably depend on the cohesive force of the atoms and the mass and size of the atoms.

The greater the cohesive force the greater the volume of the drop. But then again, you've got to take into consideration the mass and size of the atoms, and maybe the gravitational force.

I think i'll stop at explaining cohesive force,,,it'll get too complicated for me when you take into consideration of the other factors.

How about in a molecule on the sun, would the pressure give to the lower part is more than the upper part very much?

Also, how does a drop of salt water taste salty?DO Chloride ion and sodium ion combine again when leave the big water MATRIX?lol

How about in a molecule on the sun' date=' would the pressure give to the lower part is more than the upper part very much?

[/quote']

Well...i've never been to the sun so i couldn't really say :rolleyes:

Also' date=' how does a drop of salt water taste salty?DO Chloride ion and sodium ion combine again when leave the big water MATRIX?lol[/quote']

Well, i would assume that when you mix sodium chloride with water, the sodium and chloride dissociate. And when you taste it (not sure why you would really want to taste salt water) i reckon you taste both sodium and chorine ions, along with H2O. I don't think that they combine again once you taste them.