Alternative style car

toastywombel

Check out this video. Try listening to the narrator and not notice some obvious scientific flaws, especially the last fifteen seconds of the video.

However, it would seem nice if you were able to fill up your car with compressed air at home from a generator, and in the end it would be cheaper than my Jeep Cherokee.

It is unfortunate though, that the car design visually is not what some in the ritz would call, "sweet" or "stunning".:doh:

Anyways lets break this down, I'm curious as to what you guys notice.

Nice idea for a car engine. You could easily have air compressors (Old technology) placed at gas stations.

You'd have to find a way to power the static air compressor though.

I wonder if the car's inventor advocates or is even aware of what the narrator is saying in this clip.

I know... lets use some compressed air to power the air compressors.

Then we can use electric motors to power electrical power stations instead of coal, and we could use giant fans to blow in the direction of wind turbines to make more electricity! let me just check my 'Ladybird, my first physics book' to see if that'll work....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Darn, turns out, it's against some law or something :doh:

• 2 months later...

The link wouldn't work for me

In what way? It's just a Youtube video page; the only reasons it would not work are if there was a server error at their end, or the video is restricted in your locale (in which case there would be a message to tell you this).

An interesting concept, but I don't think I want to be powered by a giant tank of compressed air. If you get into an accident, it might go "boom!"

actually, compressed gas tanks will rarely go boom. more like HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSsssssss.......

they have a pressure release valve(i say valve, its more of a burst disc) to deal with overpressure situations, any damage to this valve just makes it weaker and more likely to let go under operating loads so thats not an issue. and modern composites make it unlikely to burst from structural compromising such as a crack.

the his may be extremely loud and possibly cause some hearing impairment, but it would otherwise leave you alive.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.