Bonds Question

pat

"The major non-covalent forces related to the formation of protein structures are H-Bonds, ionic interactions(electrostatic interactions), and hydrophobic interactions(which are caused by things like Van der waals forces). Give (draw) examples of how the dipeptide (L-Asn-L-Leu) could participate in each one of those types of interactions with functional groups frequently found in proteins? Make it clear exactly what atom/group is interacting with what other atom/groups. Explain the interaction you have drawn and why they fit one of the three categories given? " --I know this is a mouthful but any help would be greatly appreciated!!

"The major non-covalent forces related to the formation of protein structures are H-Bonds, ionic interactions(electrostatic interactions), and hydrophobic interactions(which are caused by things like Van der waals forces). Give (draw) examples of how the dipeptide (L-Asn-L-Leu) could participate in each one of those types of interactions with functional groups frequently found in proteins? Make it clear exactly what atom/group is interacting with what other atom/groups. Explain the interaction you have drawn and why they fit one of the three categories given? " --I know this is a mouthful but any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Protiens are formed by [hydrogen cells], [electric cells] and [water resisting cells]. That makes [water] + [energy] + [dense cells] making a protien.

The surrounding cell will absorb the [water], absorb the [energy] and have no reactions with the [water resisting] cells doing nothing to the dipeptide as they do not 'gel' at all.

Now, my diagram...

[Hydrogen cells] [dense cells]--->stabilising peptide form

\ /

activity-->\ /<--------------no activity, physical bond

\ /

[energy cells]

v

Interacts with peptide outer layer

Great success! We done it and finnish!

pat, we won't help unless you can show you did some work. What have you got so far?

Charlatan, pat specifically asked about not forming proteins (that's covalent).

Ok, so far, for the H-bonds, i'm showing Leu-C=0---H-O-Tyr of a another protein, which shows that Hydrogen is interacting with another electronegative element. I also have the ionic interaction finished in a similar fashion, but i am stuck on the hydrophobic interaction. Don't know how to show that..

Well, hydrophobic things are non-polar. See any non-polar functional groups? Oh, and you might want to use the carbonyl on the Asn instead of on the Leu, since on the Asn it's definitely not part of the C-N backbone.