Retionship between Gravity and Magnetic Pull.

Tnad

They aren't related at all.

And the magnetic field doesn't necessarily pull towards the center. For instance, due to the diamagnetic properties of water nad the human body being mostly water, it's actually pushing you AWAY from the center.

The earths gravity is related to the mass of the whole earth, the magnetic field is related to the rotating ball of liquid metal commonly known as the earths core.

what about the magnetic field of the sun? does it also originate in its outer core? by the way i thought gravity originated from the inner core but is still influenced by the mass of the earth. You mean none of these is influenced by the movements of the planet neither internal( nuclear reactions...) nor external?

Again,I appreciate your help responding to these qns.

I am kind of puzzled about whether the earth magnetic force is related to gravity.Ok both forces pulls towards the center of the earth, but still...

Thanx!

Only really really indirectly. There are radioactive isotopes in the earth's core, which decay and produce heat. This heats up molten metal nearby, and the hotter metal is less dense than the cooler metal. Due to this fact, gravity can set up convection currents in the metal. Also due to conservation of angular momentum the metal flows (westward I think) as it rises. Eventually it cools and sinks again.

Anyhow, the moving conductor can carry electricity and make a giant electromagnet we call earth's magnetic field.

Great, that sounds logical.But what do you mean by 'the moving conductor'?

I also thought that the magnetic property of earth depends on the fact that the planet structure is dominated by Iron and Nickel ( i.e. magnetic elts)

Thanx.

Great!You mean magnetism is affected by temperatures!

By the way, why do the magnetic field lines have to cross from pole to pole if they originate from the center?(case of the sun)

and the creation of sunspots is linked( thaugh maybe indirectly) to the twisting of magnetic flux tubes at the sun equator(due to faster rotation) which slows the convection currents ....etc right? so the rotation also affects the magnetic field ? how is it linked to the electric conductors which had generated the magnetic force?