What did you think of AVP? (SPOILERS!!!!!)

alt_f13

I was entertained. I was rather disappointed though, as they picked a format closer to the Predator series than the Alien series. There was not nearly enough suspense or mystery.

The action scenes (however few) were rather cool, every one entirely worth the $8.95 I spent getting in. But...

I'm pretty sure the first Alien movies were British productions, and should have stayed as such, but this one has been far too Americanized for my liking:

All the artistic flavor, suspense, plot and mystery had been liquidated, making way for a watered down, cliche action-based plot-line, with all the moves and catch phrases to match. The choice of heroes was to my liking, as I am partial to that particular brand of human (plus she was hot) but the execution was not all I had hoped. A more well known actor would not have done the trick, but I don't think the character was writtin in quite properly.

I'm falling asleep while writing so I'll bed and let someone reply. (Trail off....)

What did you all think?

The action scenes were absolutely mint. They are worth the admission alone. The rest of the film wasn't worth the electromagnetism it was digitally recorded with. As far as I'm concerned it would have proven better as an animated short featuring the Aliens and Predators alone.

i must say that this is one of the most ridiculous films i ever saw. at one point the woman and the predator looked like they were about to snog each other. trying to strech the film out with pointless "emotion" shots. you know those kind. the kind that shows them looking at each other faces with their eyes watering. Sentimental music playing in the background. made me laugh a couple of times.

The ending was wide open for the sequel though.

did anyone here read the avp comics? They've been out for like 10 years and the movie followed one of the comics pretty well, there was a chick that was adopted into a Preditor clan but in the comics she totally joined them and rode around in space with them.

Nathan

is it worth me seeing? i'm not that fussed on the minute details going on here, but should i go and see it? are the fight scenes any good? is there loads of pointless killing, making it a good film?!?

or should i wait, and borrow the DVD from someone for free!

Bloodhound has something wrong with him. (lol) The action scenes were some of the best I have seen in all of both series... they were just too few and far between.

The rest of the movie, I admit, was a dissapointment. However, I am glad to have seen it in theatres and will buy the DVD for the action, if nothing else.

[edit]

By action I meant between alien and predator and the first encounter between the preds and humans. The humans might as well have just been the prey for the aliens as far as I'm concerned and allowed the pred to w00p for the rest of the movie.