A SIGN OF THE SPACED OUT TYMES: 'Is There Really Time?' What is it?'

K. B. Robertson

The question of whether or not anything or consideration really exists is an endemically popular but hardly stimulating tonic for cynically industrious ennui.

A lot of seriously proffered equivocation occurs in glib denouncements of the existence of anything, particularly with regard to whatever spatial issue of 'truth': and/or time.

As though Plato was not a student of Socrates, and that each and both of them did not long ago put to rest, the rasberry dispirited vanity of such allegedly 'unanswerable questions & unresolvable riddles'.

The discarding of 'reality' has long been a ploy for those who disdain the responsibility of recognizing and acknowledging it. Pythagorean geometry and pi r as well as E= MC squared would and do exist in fact, with or without anthropomorphic existence or realization. The physical universe is as indifferent to humanity as the mathematics and philosophy that irrevocably and eternally prove 'truth', whether or not idle individuals deign to acknowledge such realities - such eternal trutns, or not...

The following may not be the last word on the superfluous question of whether or not there is anything at all - perhaps most popularly riddled and fiddled with regarding the issue of time (the interval in space between two or more events), otherwise accounted for in the following, however unfortunately necessary qualification, evoking the placement of same in two different locations on the Science Forum. Justifying its redundancy, by popular demand from either - and both pro and con - schools of being and nothingness, for which many other sincere amateur and professional scientists and philosophers may only be grateful, if not occasionally humbled.

Whereas, those who are immune to humility in solemn and joyous issues of reality at large: may they find facts transcending personal nemesis, megalomania, control freakism and/or ego syntonic narcissim in the following inevitable, though notably rare - patently inescapable - existential, ontological and impersonal observation:

"A WORD ABOUT SIGNS OF THE TIMES.

A Disinformational Tyme Of The Signs:

"Time is a hallucination purveyed by the inventors of space."

- A (popularly deluded UNREALITY INDUSTRY Sponsored)

unglued bumpersticker mentality.

- By Kent Benjamin Robertson - URL http:// einstein.periphery.cc/ )

THE (Stubborn) MYTHOLOGY OF ARBITRARY SPACE & TIME:

The present standard of measurement for space is said to have been determined by a King who extended his arm and hand and pronounced that the distance between the tip of his nose to the end of his index finger would henceforth be the definitional standard, now called a 'yard'.

Divisible into three feet. Each foot divisible into 12 inches...

This (unarguably) capricious determination of the value of space, unfortunately brought about a misunderstanding that the existence and/or value of time is likewise arbitrary (a 'human invention') - just as the - above described - value of space was determined by arbitrary means.

Whereas, space (what we have only recently learned to be inseparable from time; philologically evolving from 'space and time', to 'space-time', would still in fact exist, whether humans existed, to observe, measure or ambivalently standardize it or not.

(Moving Right Along. Racing & weaving through and between the spacing.)

The formal definition of time is synonymous with motion, and conversely.

Motion occurs in space; within which space-time is the interval between two or more events. The reason Einstein modified Newtonian Classic Mechanical translation of 'Time and Space', to the Relativistic expression of space-time.

There cannot be time without space, nor conversely - much as there is no magnetism without electricity, or electriciy without magnetism: therefore equals electromagnetism. (Monopoles - electricity or magnetism independent of <non concurrent with> the other, have yet to be found or proven. The same is true of 'particles', 'black holes', the 'big bang theory', and bastardized thermodynamic interpretations lurching to the myth ofan 'inevitable', 'universal entropic heat death'...)

- A (popularly deluded) bubble gum sticker mentality. Part II

Actually: terrestrial time standards (as a down-to-earth example) are based on astronomical motions of the planet(s) through space around the sun.

A planetary year equals its completion of a 360 degree arc - round trip - about the sun (Which, itself is bound toward Vega).

An earth month of 30 days is 1/12th of a year.

A week is 1/4th of that month.

A day is 1/7th of that week.

An hour is 1/24th of a day.

A minute is 1/60th of an hour.

A second is 1/60th of a minute...

Consequently, a second of time - for unavoidable (ho hum) example - is also 18 1/2 miles of space: traveled by the earth, in its annual orbit around the sun.

A 24 hour day is based on the rotational motion of the earth on it's own axis. The circumference of the earth is just over 24,000 miles; that is how fast the earth is spinning - per hour. Proving very simply and elegantly that space, time and motion are synonymous - no singular facet of this triangular consideration existing without the 'other two'...

Time has come today from the past to the present and future. ABC, Mometns 1, 2, 3; etceteras, squared...

Einstein's 'Non-Absolute Relativistic 4-D space-time.'

What it is:

Time, furthermore, in 4 dimensions, is shorter and faster in smaller, past (microcosmic) spaces. and, slower (dilated) in future (macrocosmic) larger spaces; when compared to present time at any given moment of an observer in the eternal present: exactly between small-fast-space and large-slow- space.

IN a 4-dimensional (physically expanding universe) a *square mile is not the same spatial size, when compared with itself; from the present: relative to (smaller, more dense) past or (larger, less dense) future 4-D expanding physical matter, and (causing the observed - non 'big bng' initiated - expansion of space (Hubbles expanding - 'red shift' -Universe.)

Neither therefore, is 60 *miles per hour (or 186,282 m.p.s. - the speed of light; 'celeritas constant) always the same relative speed. Nor is a year, month, week, day, hour or second, always the same comparative duration in the Present ( when compared with itself) in the Past or Future.

Proving that the value of time varies with the value of space it occurs in.

Refer relativistic 'time dilation.' And relativistic 'non-absolute time'.

Slow time occurring in relatively larger spaces; fast time occurring in relatively smaller spaces.

The relativity of time values.

For which, until here and now, there are not even any failed explanations.

In a 4-D (physically as well as spatially expanding) universe, the value of time and space (4-D space-time) inevitably varies, from coordinate system to coordinate system.

The speed of light for example, is ever-increasing, while remaining constant: relative to the coordinate system in which it originates and from which it is measured.

The value of time being covariant with the smaller and larger - earlier and later - 4-D space-times it occurs and/or is measured in."

- Updated Excerpt from, GRAVITY IS THE 4th DIMENSION:

Electricity Is The 5th Dimension, Magnetism is the 6th Dimension

(The Reinstatement Of Einstein's Presently Abandoned <Steady State>

Unified Field, w'out Mathematics. )

- by Kent Benjamin Robertson,

Copyrights, '59, '60. '66, '70, '79, '85 & '99.

(Website URL http:// einstein.periphery.cc/

Condensed from 627 pages.)

Thank you for reading this missive.

Vini Vici Entiendo

(Hay Uno Dio Quien Es Alma Siempre)

Equus

As a public service I have somewhat shortened KBR's post for people who don't have time to read quite as much. Since I don't know enough about the material itself, I've been careful to include all information (removing only unnecessary adverbs and turns of phrase, or sentence fragments which did not relate to the actual subject matter), and leave judgement entirely to the professionals. If I wasn't sure about one part or couldn't reduce it, I left it alone to preserve its meaning.

If parts of this version don't mean what they did originally, KBR, it's because I didn't understand them in the first one, and I'll edit any parts you don't like.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The question of whether or not anything of consideration really exists is an popular but hardly stimulating idea for the average man.

A lot of counterarguments occur as the denouncement of the existence of anything, particularly with regard to whatever spatial issue of 'truth': and/or time.

The discarding of 'reality' has long been a ploy for those who disdain the responsibility of recognizing and acknowledging it. Pythagorean geometry and 11e182d4c29bdf5bad4882f4809ff77e.gif as well as 281a70c20b16a38d7781189936e1ac9f.gif would and do exist, with or without subjectivity. The physical universe is as indifferent to humanity as the mathematics and philosophy that prove 'truth', whether or not people deign to acknowledge such realities - such eternal truths, or not...

The following may not be the last word on the superfluous question of whether or not there is anything at all - perhaps most popularly asked regarding the issue of time, otherwise accounted for in the following text. Justifying its removal, by demand from members or mods, for which many other amateur and professional scientists and philosophers may only be grateful, if not humbled.

Those immune to humility may find facts which overpower their egocentrism in the following text:

"A WORD ABOUT SIGNS OF THE TIMES.

A Disinformational Tyme Of The Signs:

- By Kent Benjamin Robertson

THE MYTHOLOGY OF ARBITRARY SPACE & TIME:

(Note: paragraph deleted because it refers to American imperial units as an arbitrary form of units, and bases following arguments on subjectivity from that. Most here will agree that it is arbitrary; that's why scientists use metric. It's also not the standard form anywhere outside the USA.)

This arbitrary determination of the value of space brought about a misunderstanding that the existence and/or value of time is likewise arbitrary (a 'human invention'), just as the above described value of space was determined by arbitrary means, whereas space (which we have only recently learned to be inseparable from time, evolving from 'space and time', to 'space-time') would, in fact, still exist, whether humans existed to observe and measure it or not.

(Moving right along: Racing & weaving through and between the spacing.)

The formal definition of time is synonymous with motion.

Motion occurs in space; within which space-time is the interval between two or more events. This is why Einstein modified Newtonian translation of 'Time and Space' to the Relativistic expression of space-time.

There cannot be time without space, nor vice-versa, much as there is no magnetism without electricity, or electriciy without magnetism. (Monopoles - electricity or magnetism independent of the other, have yet to be found or proven. The same is true of 'particles', 'black holes', the 'big bang theory', and bastardized thermodynamic interpretations lurching to the myth of an 'inevitable, universal entropic heat death'...)

(Note: I'd just like to say that at this point, KBR, you're losing just a little tiny bit of the objectivity that would otherwise have made your time on this forum more peaceful. Calling 'black holes' a 'bastardized thermodynamic interpretation' isn't going to enforce fair peer review, particularly when you earlier called this text [among other things] an "impersonal observation")

- Part II

Terrestrial time standards are based on astronomical motions of the planet(s) through space around the sun.

A planetary year is the time taken for its completion of a round trip about the sun.

An earth month of 30 days is 1/12th of a year.

A week is 1/4th of that month.

A day is 1/7th of that week.

An hour is 1/24th of a day.

A minute is 1/60th of an hour.

A second is 1/60th of a minute...

Consequently, a second of time is also 18 1/2 miles of space, as traveled by the earth in its orbit around the sun.

A 24 hour day is based on the rotational period of the earth on it's own axis. The circumference of the earth is just over 24,000 miles; that is how far a point on the surface moves each day. Proving very simply and elegantly that space, time and motion are synonymous; no single one could exist without the other two...

Time has come today from the past to the present and future. ABC, Moments 1, 2, 3; et cetera, squared...

Einstein's 'Non-Absolute Relativistic 4-D space-time.'

What it is:

Time in 4 dimensions is shorter and faster in smaller, past spaces, and slower (dilated) in future, larger spaces; when compared to present time at any given moment of an observer in the present: exactly between small-fast-space and large-slow-space.

In a 4-dimensional, physically expanding universe a *square mile is not the same spatial size when compared with itself; from the present, relative to (smaller, more dense) past or (larger, less dense) future 4-D expanding physical matter, and causing the observed - non 'big bang' initiated - expansion of space (Hubble's expanding Universe.)

Neither therefore, is 60 *miles per hour (or 186,282 miles s-1, the speed of light) always the same relative speed. Nor is a year, month, week, day, hour, or second always the same length in the present than in the past or future.

This proves that the value of time varies with the value of space it occurs in.

Consider relativistic 'time dilation' and relativistic 'non-absolute time', with slow time occurring in relatively larger spaces and fast time occurring in relatively smaller spaces. Consider the relativity of time values for which, until here and now, there are not even any failed explanations.

In a 4-D expanding universe, the value of time and space (4-D space-time) varies from coordinate system to coordinate system.

The speed of light, for example, is ever-increasing, while remaining constant relative to the coordinate system in which it originates and from which it is measured.

The value of time being covariant with the smaller and larger - earlier and later - 4-D space-times it occurs and/or is measured in."

- Updated Excerpt from, GRAVITY IS THE 4th DIMENSION:

Electricity Is The 5th Dimension, Magnetism is the 6th Dimension

(The Reinstatement Of Einstein's Presently Abandoned <Steady State>

Unified Field, w'out Mathematics.)

- by Kent Benjamin Robertson,

Copyrights, '59, '60. '66, '70, '79, '85 & '99.

Thank you for reading this text.

• 2 weeks later...
Your pretty much reverberating Kant with a thesaurus in your hand...

Dear Singular Leader of the People (for keebs?):

Your (Award winning Brief and Readable) response is a two fold encore, worthy of a corroborately tandem review.

(Refer: 'What happened to my lunch break?')

The first portion of it ('reverberating Kant') is pretty much the equivalent to a statement put forth by a reader of one of the issues on the menu at my website - having to do with an anthological collection of verbatim quoted excerpts from the books of a series of authors, writing on the subject of violence, the abuse of power, and warfare (causes, effects and possible remedies); wherein the book titles, authors and page numbers were (obligatorily) provided...

A Guest Book Commentary response (at my site) alluded to that specific portion of the menu, which categorically identifies and elaborately proves itself to be an anthological collection of the work of others...

The Guest Entry Commentary proclaimed that the above described work had been 'plagiarized' from Thomas More's UTOPIA and Karl Marx' COMMUNIST MANIFESTO, and that I 'shamelessly' did not accredit them for 'my work'...

I replied then and there, what I just explained here, above - that the work he was chastizing me for having 'plagiarized', was in fact a variety of verbatim quoted works from as many authors; that I supposed it was possible that those authors pilfered the work of More and Marx (that he might consider taking his steeply corned beef up with them?), but that I found it more likely that he - the cited, would be critic and self appointed highly seasoned literature dilletante and guardian of truth and justice - had simply employed a variation on the old carnival shell game, wherein, in this case he created a false premise, upon which he could base what appeared to be a sophisticated decryptification of a would-be failed effort on my part, to snow under my readers; whereas, that was clearly the intended and failed effort of my would be (gravity fighting) nemesis.

The cited literature referee went on to hack his entire attack, with it's vanquishment, completely out of my Guest List Entry Commentaries, along with an ensemble of similar contretemps by himself and several other literati of the same equivocationally blushing lineage...

The first portion of your above quoted reverberation of the lastly described (acerbically bombastic) Guest Entry Commentary, is also of the same genre as a misguided, would-be barb by a reader - 'Alexander'; responding to a post I made in a thematic Science forum, indignantly questioning what my 'foggy philosophy' was doing in a (hard) Science themed forum, where math was stolidly practiced to substantiate entries...

That my philosophical entry was non-mthematical, and for that reason had no place in a Science forum... ('...use math to support your philosophically foggy ideas' (paraphrased).

I was obliged to remind 'Alexander' that (what he chose to stringently identify as) Philosophy has every business in any Science forum, since, for example, every Ph.D - be they mathematicians, biologists, electrical engineers, et al, were in fact 'Philosophical Doctors' - Doctors of Philosophy: Ph.D's.

This aged triple AAA flashlight capacitor may have struck him like a bolt; given the difference in potential between himself and the ground he was standing on, for example...

Assuring your electric inspiration that the works of Immanuel Kant's (absolutism) had little or nothing to do with my clarification of the often foggy interpretations, concepts and popularly false misconceptions of the meaning of time...

Whereas, my response ( A SIGN OF THE SPACED OUT TYMES: 'Is There Really Time?' What is it?') was indeed influenced by the collective works of (I dare say) hundreds (if not thousands) of authors (possibly if remotely including Immanuel Kant)...

Particularly: Einstein, Russell, Maxwell, Hertz, Faraday, Prince de Broglie, E. Shroedinger, Marie Curie, Neils Bohr, Sir James Jeans, Emily Post, Sir Arthur Eddington, A.C. Clarke, H.G. Wells, Barbara Lovett Cline, Tycho Brahe, Giovanni Bruno, Nicholaus Copernicus, Julia Childs, Galileo Galilei, Socrates, Aristothenes, Abby, Spinoza, Johanne Kepler, Xeno, Edward Gibbon, Eldridge Cleaver, Aristotle, Plato, Gloria Vanderbuilt, Hegel, Muhammed Ali, James Michener, Bronowski, Louis L'Amour, Roy Rogers, George Foreman, Abbot & Costello, Wehrner Von Braun, The Attack of the Mole People, Pinky Lee, Buffalo Bob, Clavelle, Howdy Doody, Leo Tolstoy, Anita Eckberg, Katherine & Audrey Hepburn, Malcolm X (and my Mother - and Her's).

On the other hand, you were more near to resonantly reading my mind (if not my BALL PARK FRANKS and JOHNSON & JOHNSON) dissertation on the real (- frequently misunderstood) - meaning of time, 'pretty much with a Thesaurus in your hand'...

Insofar as I do own and frequently refer to a Seiko Instruments, Model SII Word Power Personal Tutor, that I bought (for a frugal $20.00) at RADIO SHACK (About the size of a half divided deck of cards, side by side).

Hoping the venerably honorable guardians of this deifically inspirational website allow this (characteristically humble?) response to be posted...

I remain, respectfully (if dissonantly?) yours,

K. B. Robertson

:)

Dear J'Dona (and whomever else it may concern):

Only very recently did I learn of and realize the limited but venerably astute and sincere membership of this distinquished forum and what I expect includes it's founders. That it is a relatively new forum on the net; the (sometimes unwritten) rules, etiquette and subtle skills (including computer operation, and internet procedures), of which I have only begun to appreciate and practice.

I may only be grateful for the time you, and - in this regard - several others like you, have taken, to accomodate the general format styles preferred here, and to - in some cases with remarkable patience - encourage me to learn from the generally ongoing examples.

It is a privilege to communicate (however marginally?) with the membership, and, at least theoretically, the world, here.

(Although I am handicapped by 'artillery ears', as well as childhood and military acquired PTSD <which for decades I had no vocabulary for, and upon learning of it {re: DSM - Disorder Symptoms Manuals I thru IIII, progressively copyrighted 1980 thru '94}; denied it for another decade or so> ).

Whereas, I have since and recently *learned to wear these formerly stigmatic burdens as badges of honor (because I acquired them the old fashioned way: I earned them), *as anyone may see in these here and now written expressions. May it moreover be considered by any readers here, that I am in fact, clinically diagnosed as 'psychologically stable and intact', and functionally responsible for my actions; neither a threat to self or others.' That I have never been legally accused, let alone convicted, of any crime beyond a misdemeanor.

On the other hand, there are those who have compelled themselves to extra judicially pronounce me as a threat and a danger to others; lest they be found responsible for being what is projected on Yours Truly. A real kind of ('Invisible - 'What?') war has been imposed on myself - by many identified and anonymous others - in the interest of projecting their responsibilities on Yours Truly....

Having nothing to do with anyone - that I know of (so far) - who readably contributes to this Science Forum website (in criticism or compliment).

I will do my best to corroborate reason, with reason, benevolent intent with benevolent intent, equity with equity; etceteras.

I have been told by well intended as well as malevolently motivated persons that I reveal too much of myself...

That might be true, were it not for the documented fact that no small number of collusion bonded, collaborating antagonists have ineradicably defined themselves in criminal and sinister opposition to me - methodologically attempting to transfer their grievous (2nd generation practicing) responsibilities on to myself, publicly (while carefully avoiding and deterring formal and legal confrontation; by means which need be documented, published and witnessed, to be 'believed').

This communications black-out, filibuster and freelance smear campaign has recently been overtaken, and will soon unfold in a *court of law (in a series of three formal confrontations, for which there is no historical counterpart, in over four decades of unresolved mayhem imposed upon the uninvolved, unalerted public, as well as myself)...

The *subjections and *decisive results of which will certainly be made known to a larger public than that which has appointed itself as described (the reason I am obliged to document and publicize, thereby surrounding those who surround me, with a larger circle of irrevocably informed, unbiased and uninvolved persons), *lest the (voluntarily accumulated, actively engaged) *wrongdoers be found responsible for what is in fact endemically, feloniously and exclusively their unretractable, irreconcilable actions - upon which there is no statute of limitations.

The 'nature' of this socio-politically vehicularized felonious dynamic is already accessible to anyone who wishes to apply themselves to tracking, as it were, as it has already been committed to the net, by those who are able to do just about anything, except cover up or successfully deny what they are responsible for, in context of this public notice, and caveat...

Many uninvolved persons are already aware of it. As I have recently posted elsewhere, the time for the issued adversarial element's (however guardedly) celebrated successes and honoring of themselves, is imminently drawing to a publicly revealed, legally resolved (forcefully and desperately resisted) closure...

There is, for relatively recent example, an unconcealable, electronically vehicularized and ineradicable 'paper trail' establishing the veracity - and the historical origins and details - of what I speak of, here.

The website at einstein.periphery.cc/ and einstein.periphery.cc/machine_1 thru 4, may be transferred to a less obscure - more cyberspatially trafficked - location. It will be augmented with further information, certainly including documentary and forensic evidence that far transcends credible argument and/or denial.

I am gratefully, respectfully and sincerely,

Kent Benjamin Robertson

(Aka, The White Mongol, KaiduOrkhon, Mystic Horse, Etceteras.)

• 2 years later...