Windows 7 and Portable App Problem

ParanoiA

I recently acquired Adobe Flash CS4 Portable by Atalay, and it runs just fine on my own machine, which is running Windows XP.

But it will not run on my wife's brand new laptop, which has Windows 7. It returns an error to the effect that the program was stopped. When I poke around with the event viewer I find that it's apparently an APPCrash.

I was told to try turning off UAC, which I did. But she doesn't have Win 7 "professional", so the process for turning that off isn't quite the same. It uses a slider instead. I also tried running the program by right clicking and choosing to "run as administrator".

I even tried using Windows Compatibility and applying XP settings - it still doesn't run and gives the same error.

Nothing works. And when I google for a fix, I only find a couple of relevant pages, which appears to be someone else reporting the same problem, same program, but with a different error and there is no solution offered.

Has anyone else experienced this issue, or have any ideas on how to fix it?