Dimensional analysis

ambros

ambors, this thread has 7 pages of people telling you that you're wrong, and trying to explain it to you.

Your attempts to claim that no one says it, or that no one managed to explain it, are futile.

It's time you stopped chasing ghosts here, took a break, go over the entire thread again, and start asking valid questions. This is going nowhere, and not because of us.

~moo

I don't have Mathematica' date=' so no, I can't provide you with code.[/quote']

Huh?!? You do not need Mathematica, there is integrator online:

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/

Writing equations there is no different than using Latex, only the syntax is little bit different but you can pretty much convert any VALID equation from Latex to Mathematica and it will compute. There is no any "code" involved here, code is in Mathematica's mainframe algorithm, what you need to do is simply write THIS SAME EQUATION DOWN AS IT IS:

[math]

F_{12} = \frac {\mu_0}{4 \pi} \int_0^1 \int_0^1 \frac {I_1*dl_1 \times (I_2*dl_2 \times \hat{r}_{21} )}{|r|^2}[/math]

It can be written in many different ways:

1.) integral[0,1] integral[0,1] 10^-7Newtons/1^2 {1,0,0} cross {1,0,0} cross {0,-1,0}

2.) integral[10^-7Newtons/1^2 {1,0,0} cross {1,0,0} cross {0,-1,0}, {s1,0,1},{s2,0,1}]

...even in its original form, as DOUBLE DIFFERENTIAL:

3.) D[1] D[1] 10^-7Newtons/1^2 {1,0,0} cross {1,0,0} cross {0,-1,0}

If you can not figure out how to input your integrals in Mathmatica online than you know nothing about either integrals or Mathematica, hence I will not even ask you if you can show your code.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
ambors, this thread has 7 pages of people telling you that you're wrong, and trying to explain it to you.

Your attempts to claim that no one says it, or that no one managed to explain it, are futile.

It's time you stopped chasing ghosts here, took a break, go over the entire thread again, and start asking valid questions. This is going nowhere, and not because of us.

~moo

Thanks for the laughs, sweetheart.

Pro Tip: If you notice, my Mathematica code is six lines long, only one line of which is the integral. The other five are required to set up the problem. Especially the VectorAnalysis line.

Expecting everyone here to know how to set up Mathematica code for a path integral in one line is rather stupid, since I think I'm the only one here with a copy of Mathematica and I had to take six lines.

At this point, I just find it funny that you'd rather believe that I'm lying about Mathematica computing the integral, that the sources and textbooks I quoted are wrong, that swansont (check his profile, hit About Me) is clueless, and that the rest of us are lying about our competence in this subject, rather than simply admitting that you're wrong.

Clearly this is going to be highly productive. Especially when you get all condescending and insulting.

Huh?!? You do not need Mathematica, there is integrator online:

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/

I am another person with Mathematica on my computer. Offering this site as an alternative to Mathematica is like offering a calculator and asking to program an operating system.

For the sake of anyone who might stumble upon this thread and might actually WANT to learn, I want to repeat the recommendation Cap'n has made for the Mathematica free player: http://www.wolfram.com/products/player/download.cgi

While it doesn't allow for the full power of mathematica, it does a good job simulating most of the basics that one might need to solve questions like these.

Also, calculation by hand is tedious, but it does work, if one is vigilant, has patience, and can track problems.

And finally, of course,

Thanks for the laughs, sweetheart.

You're welcome, honeypot. Good lucksies.

~moo