The first picture you have of the sun is - as far as I'm aware - what the sun looks like in when photographed in infra red. So technically, it doesn't look like that to the human eye.

In the visible light spectrum it appears as a bright yellow, almost white, ball.

I agree though to giving children access to scientific data about the world around them.

Juicy, you seem interested in a wide range of phenomenas.

About the sun, what do you see here?:

sunrise-2.jpg

We know that the sun is a star thousands of times bigger than the Earth. That's the reason why the sun rays that reach the Earth are considered parallels. But if they are parallels, why do we see the sun rays radiating & converging to the sun?

The first picture you have of the sun is - as far as I'm aware - what the sun looks like in when photographed in infra red. So technically, it doesn't look like that to the human eye.

In the visible light spectrum it appears as a bright yellow, almost white, ball.

I agree though to giving children access to scientific data about the world around them.

like thissun.jpg:cool:

I guess my question is uninteresting.

The answer is: the rays of light in the picture are parallels.

sunrise-2.jpg

They are parallels exactly as the sides of a road are parallel but join at horizon.

It is called perspective.

Like this

800px-

The only difference is the vanishing point (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanishing_point) is not at horizon, but at the center of the sun.

I guess my question is uninteresting.

The answer is: the rays of light in the picture are parallels.

sunrise-2.jpg

They are parallels exactly as the sides of a road are parallel but join at horizon.

It is called perspective.

Like this

800px-

The only difference is the vanishing point (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanishing_point) is not at horizon, but at the center of the sun.

wow thanks for the answer i never knew i think thats cool to know

Cool to realize that ordinary things are extraordinary.

If you wanted a mathematical explanation of this phenomena, it would be quite difficult to understand.

Symmetrically, if someone proposed you this mathematical explanation without the support of any image, you would be very suspicious: how come that parallel lines appear radiating for every single observator?

I guess it is an analogy to what happens for all those mathematical theories, Quantum Mechanics a.s.o. that we have to figure out with our eyes closed.