Nucleation in Bone growth

tiger7

Hi all,

I am studying for a physiology exam, and in my notes I have written that "the increased extracellular ionic concentration that osteoblasts form support nucleation and growth."

I understand everything in this except for the nucleation part. I've been looking into it and I believe it has something to do with the formation of hydroxyapatite, but I have no idea how.

If anyone has any insight on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

• 4 months later...

Hi all,

I am studying for a physiology exam, and in my notes I have written that "the increased extracellular ionic concentration that osteoblasts form support nucleation and growth."

I understand everything in this except for the nucleation part. I've been looking into it and I believe it has something to do with the formation of hydroxyapatite, but I have no idea how.

If anyone has any insight on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Do you want a meaning for it or what? I don't see how you have used it in your work, but don't understand it.. If you don't understand it take it out? Use someting else, if its that you HAVE to use it shouldn't you understand it really?

What exactly do you want to know.

Have a nice day,

Truth