How to Remove stabilizers/impuritys from H202

H202

I'm wondering if there is any way to purify (remove stabilizers/impuritys) Hydrogen peroxide. I've searched the forums and only seen people trying to concentrate H202, not interested in concentrating it just purifying it. I use peroxide for various things including as a mouth wash after i brush my teeth, my concerns are it says on the bottle along with using it as a mouth wash not to use it for longer then a week. I'm assuming because of the stabilizers, I got food grade peroxide thinking it would have been without stabilizers but have found out it still contains them, is there anyway to remove these stabilizers so I can safely use H202 long term without any adverse effects.

How harm full are these stabilizers/chemicals?

Any insight much appreciated, I've searched google and this forum with no answer.

It says to not use it for more than a week because it damages tissues it contacts. H2O2 works because it's fantastic at making radicals and oxidizing things. The same reason it kills bacteria is how it kills your cells.

The stabilizers are typically small amounts of acidic phosphate salts/phosphoric acid or extremely low levels of stannic oxide, neither of which are vaguely harmful.

Food grade H2O2 simply has lower transition metal ion content than cheaper grades. Without stabilizer, hydrogen peroxide rapidly degrades on it's own to water and oxygen gas.

Thank you for your explanation UC.

So is there any way to remove the stabilizers?

How rapid is the decomposition of 3% H202? Will it decompose less if I dilute it more?

I found a website that concentrates H202 to 90-98% for rocket fuel and he uses ionic system to remove impurity's because it damages the catalyst packs in the rocket engines, there has to be another feasible way besides this ?

Here's the link: http://www.tecaeromex.com/ingles/destilai.html

As foodchain was saying is the H202 consider a teratogen?

Yes foodchain, as a mouth wash :). I dilute 3% to a 1 to 3 ratio and use it, keeps my teeth white and haven't had a cavity since i started using it. I don't use it all the time but at least once a week.

Horza2002, What makes you say that? not the nicest chemical at the best of times? whats to be worried about if used and diluted correctly? I thought it was a relatively safe chemical at low concentrations, besides the stabilizers, it just breaks down to water and oxygen.

Well I see your point, if you dilute it enough...but hydrogen peroxide decomposition is catalysed by metals...so depending on what you eat/wear braces...I could envisage it maybe making some problems....maybe I'm just thinking its worse than it is

H2O2 as a mouthwash? Sorry to go off topic but cant that compound be viewed as a teratogen?

foodchain what is considered a teratogen? the inhibitors? can anyone please explain :confused: