Thermology

MolecularMan14

Ok, I dont know a whole lot about thermography/ thermology, but it's less harmful than X-ray, and is good for many more things. So why isnt it being used readily in the medical world???

Dont get me wrong, X-rays are the best for detecting broken bones, or anything related to the skeletal structure, but thermology deals with circulation, and heat differentials. Its the best/ painless/ safest way to dectect cancer! (especially if your a woman, who would like her breasts not to be flattened by a mammogram.)

what is there to say? IR spectrometry or "thermology" is a usefull aid, but it`s no where near as conclusive as an X-Ray, it`s a usefull adjunct of course, but there could be any number of factors that can give a false reading.

as a pre-diagnostic tool however, it would certainly assist with patient turnover and early detection of SOME malladies. but as a single stand alone peice of kit, it`s somewhat lacking.

actually, with the newer technologies implied today, not just the "point and scratch" method of guessing what that inflammation might be, software is now available for thermologists to make a SURE THING analysis. You can check it and check it again, thermology (the newer, more technological form) works! and well!

I agree, but it`s still in it`s infancy, and so it`ll not be adopted as a "Conventional" means of diagnosis until it`s undergone MANY realtime medical trials and then accepted.

Then it has to become mass produced and at a reasonable price for most health service trusts, all this takes time (often too much time).

actually, the reason Im interested in this is b/c my dad is kinda pioneering it. See, I nkow it works, and so do many others, but the general public doesnt. Mainly b/c radiologists see thermology as a threat to their jobs. But I honestly dont think that thermology can over power radiology, it CAN however, work side by side with it. to offer a greater understanding of their problems.

TBH, I don`t see any evidence of ANY adopted technology working "Against" anything, it`s simply just the tools that are used to perform a job in the most efficient manor :)

I don`t shout at my hammer if I need a screwdriver!

TBH? its pretty evident that radiologists simply do not like the thought of thermology coming into the medical picture. In Australia, some major medical council held a trial against a thermologist, just for being a thermologist. I dont exactly think that's morally right.

I refuse to discuss "Morals" as they are so transient/variable.

I offered an opinion based on your original posts, from this point onwards, I`ll pass no further comment as it`s well out of my domain :)

TBH = To Be Honest.