tension

Primarygun

Is the normal force is a kind of force we can't feel?

It is just for us to find and recognise what apparent weight is, isn't it?

[MATH] \Sigma F_n=ma [/MATH]

By the way, when will it be taught?(Due to the difference in educational system, I'd better seek for the age of learning)

thank you

The force of tension acts right to left and is the difference between the pulling force and the resistance forces (air resistance and friction). I dont know what country you're in but in the UK you get taught this if you continue doing physics or maths after you're 16.

I'm not certain what your refering to when you say normal force, but in your scenario, the only normal forces are the force of tension which will act in the direction of the rope (towards the box), and those up from the ground against you and the box.

Tension is the force in the rope. The harder you pull ( if the box is fixed) the more the tension. When a rope breaks it fails under tension. The normal force is the force due to gravity that pushes the box aginst the floor. For a given box the better the wheels or the more slippy the surface the less tension force is required in the rope to move the box.

• 4 weeks later...

I get trouble in a rope question.

O - F

- is a rope. O=object(a Box) Is the force for box to endure the right force is only the static frictional force?

Also, is that true if the box moving in space, the rope does not be straight?

How about if the reacting force only occur when the box is in stationary and with exact 0m/s2 acceleration?