Don't ask, don't tell me how to get out of the military.

Mr Skeptic

No, why don't you tell me, Mokele.

Cut the passive-aggressive bullshit and own up to your own words.

You're the one that trivialized the deaths of minorities, and suggested we should continue to suffer and die in the name of what, politeness? Civil discourse? Bipartisanship?

Sorry if our struggles offend your delicate sensibilities. We'll try not to let the funeral dirges disturb your reading time.

"Own up?" You're asking me to join you in an extreme interpretation of what I said? Yeah, that's gonna happen. (rofl) Sorry bud, I'm not fighting your battles for you. But hey, thanks for graphically demonstrating my point.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

Here's a great quote from John McCain that I think illustrates the long-term benefit of Clinton's policy very well:

"Has this policy been ideal? No, it has not. But it has been effective. It has helped to balance a potentially disruptive tension between the desires of a minority and the broader interests of our all-volunteer force."

http://www.voanews.com/specialenglish/2010-02-05-voa1.cfm

According to that article an estimated 13,500 men and women have been dismissed from the services due to violating the policy. That's unfortunate, but how many would have been unable to serve had Clinton not come up with that compromise in 1993? Had that middle ground not been found, the alternative was complete rejection.

But now the political firmament has changed. According to the article above, 58% of those evil gay-hating conservatives actually favor letting them serve:

A USA Today/Gallup Poll last May showed that fifty-eight percent of conservatives and Republicans supported letting gays and lesbians serve openly.

I'm not saying the middle ground or compromise are always ideal. But it seems to have worked out well here.

You want people to change? Give them a chance to.

Edited by Pangloss
Consecutive posts merged.