Is there a way to test your anti virus software??

bloodhound

just wondering if there is any site out there, offering virus infected files. so that i could check my anti virus for detection rates.

current using Kaspersky AV personal pro 4.5

was using Nod32 before that

Was using Avast pro before that

Was using AVG before that

Was using Norton before that.

yay, i know sum1 did this earlier but norton passed again!

it wouldnt let me download the first two, but would let me get the *.zip files, however i could unzip the files coz norton AV stopped me

ppl say norton isnt very good..... why? what the best.... preferrably free!

oh soz, i thought you wanted to see other av progs, you want other ways to test, i think.....

u said ealier in the thread urself, that u found other sites with the same files, other than that i dont know.... soz

is my norton vulnerable to attack through hackers and viruses, you lot are all against norton, ok, but am i actually vulnerable?

• 4 weeks later...

norton internet security has a good way to test how good it is, and also throws in a free av test at the same time.... go to the norton firewall main page thing, when u load it up, from the icon in the system tray,

click security, and then in the blue panel thing on the right, click 'check security'

if you dont have norton firewall/av, you could still try their site;

http://security.symantec.com/ssc/home.asp?j=1&langid=ie&venid=symnis2003&plfid=23&pkj=MFTFIVNTZPZRNQJQFRD

should work, if not, go to:

http://www.symantec.com/

and click, i cant find the link! just scan round the site, its there somewhere!