Is Oxygen "just plain blue" ??

Arthropods' "blood" contains Hemocyanin, to transport Oxygen. And, "Oxygenation causes a color change between the colorless Cu(I) deoxygenated form and the blue Cu(II) oxygenated form".

Likewise, it is well-known, that Oxygenated Hemoglobin is blue.

And, it is well-known, that the sky appears blue, b/c atmospheric Oxygen (& Nitrogen) preferentially scatter shorter (bluer) wavelengths of light.

QUESTION: Does all this imply, that "Oxygen is just plain blue" in appearance (since it scatters shorter wavelength light) ??

Edited by Widdekind

Where did you get this well-known fact? Oxygenated hemoglobin is red in color. It is deoxygenated hemoglobin that is blue.

Deoxygenated haem isn't actually blue either it is just a dark reddy colour it is the just veins tissues that make it look blue.

But that is really beside the point as the colour of haem in blood is due to the oxidation state of the Fe and nothing to do with the oxygen.

Widdekind was telling that haemoglobin in arthropods, when oxygenated, is in blue. And actually not only in arthropod, crustacean like lobster, various crabs appears to stain the ice below blue in wet market. If it is using copper in the haemoglobin it should be blue in oxygenated form, blood in mammals appears red as iron instead is exploited.

Back to the question, indeed I got a question, how could you relate blue blood and oxygen scattering short wavelenght light? For me I can't see the direction relationship, the facts you suggested are alright to me, but two should not be linked in this way.