New Member with a Challenge

MacM

Hi,

I should probably have named this thread "Challenged New Member". :D

I am 63 and have a highly technical background training and experience. I have joined here for several reasons but one in particular is the apparent number of members that are good in Calculus.

I had introductory Calculus 40 years ago but have never used it and at this late stage simply consider that I do not do calculus. I do algebra and write my own engineering and physics programs in GWBasic. But while I understand the functions of calculus I certainly do not perform it.

i.e. - I am a handicap!

I have my own web site:

http://www.unikef-gravity.com/

Which is part of a theory I put together in 1954. It has been absolutely a thrill to see numerous rather bizzar "Priori Predictions" from that concept become standard views of science but I'll save that for another day.

The theory is virtually devoid of any testing or mathematical support; except in the area of gravity; which was the emputus for the theory's development.

As is indicated on site the concept has both testing data and some calculus (done by a physicist friend in 1965) which tend to support the concept.

My challenge is for any member interested that can do the required calculus completion, with step by step recital; including graphics, to offer either pay and/or credits in a formalized version for submission to peer review for a scientific paper on the subject.

Let me draw interested parties attention to:

1 - The Summary Graph 2 on Page 4. This is the function which needs completion by calculus.

2 - The Testing Section and photo album.

3 - And the Calculus Section

The paper is to be dedicated only to the gravity calculus and not include esoteric consequences of the concept.

The theory seems to provide a complete gravity function.

a - Is inverse square locally.

b - Flattens to be stronger at galatic scales which mitigates the amount of Dark Matter.

c - Becomes repulsive and predicted the accelerating expansion of the universe without Dark Energy.

I look forward to your input.

Thanks

Dan K. McCoin

lmccoin@elp.rr.com

PS: Note: This is a new site and I have just noticed that the "Testing Section" isn't coming up. I have contacted the person responsible and hopefully that will be fixed quickly. ((Now repaired))

1 - The Summary Graph 2 on Page 4. This is the function which needs completion by calculus.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've just had a quick look at your website and found the graph, but what is the function? Could you post the function explicitly here? Sorry if I've missed something, but I'm confused as to what you are asking.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've just had a quick look at your website and found the graph' date=' but what is the function? Could you post the function explicitly here? Sorry if I've missed something, but I'm confused as to what you are asking.[/quote']

Thanks for responding. The function is not detailed mathematically but logically derived from the process as described in the text. That is only a portion of the local inverse square has been verified but the manner in which it works predicts a general curvature as shown.

If I am correct once the "External" and "Internal" calculus functions have been detailed the function can be scaled to a time-space diameter which results in a correct gravity result for the orbit of Mercury. Then compare the function at a distance of galatic spirals and verify that the observed rotational velocity of stars is correct without undue AD HOC Dark Matter.

If these two points are correct then the expansion of the universe is also inherent in the concept without the creation of AD HOC Dark Energy.

That site doesn't work with either Firefox or Opera. It makes me a sad panda.

<meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft FrontPage 5.0">

Ta daaaa.

Strangely enough the MSN version works fine under Firefox.

The "UniKEF Gravity Testing" section of the site has been repaired.

http://www.unikef-gravity.com/

Digesting the text to understand the function is the hard part (I think). This could all be BS but in 50 years that I have been wroking on this there have been over a dozen predictions that have come to pass. It seems highly unlikely that it is total BS but that there is some underlying truth in the concept.

If supported mathematically it should cause a major shift in our thinking about current physics, cosmology, etc. Imagine being able to show that a "Finite" universe can account for all observed gravitational functions from inverse square to Mercury's orbit, rotational velocity of stars around galaxies and the accelerated expansion of the universe!. All as one natural function.

The calculus section should give those knowledgable in the mathematics some idea of what effort is involved.

Please contact me by PM or e-mail if you have questions or if you choose post your questions here so others mights follow the development. Assuming we are sucessful those that contribute can (at their choosing) be listed on the paper if it becomes published.

Thanks.

MacM, you may want to redo that website to make it more accessible to people that don't use that virus called Internet Exploiter which is installed by that insidious backdoor trojan known as Windoze.

I take it you don't like Windows. :) Well I don't either. We have been discussing making some changes. Have any recommendations?

Thanks

Internet Explorer is the problem, not Windows.

Anyone using a Mozilla, Gecko, or Opera build under Windows will have problems. If they don't work, you can bet that people using Safari on the Mac or Konqueror/equivalents under Linux will have problems too.

Some handy links:

Why design for cross-browser compatibility?

Accessible site design

More resources

Internet Explorer is the problem' date=' not Windows.

Anyone using a Mozilla, Gecko, or Opera build under Windows will have problems. If they don't work, you can bet that people using Safari on the Mac or Konqueror/equivalents under Linux will have problems too.

Some handy links:

Why design for cross-browser compatibility?

Accessible site design

More resources

Thanks for the links. I have put them in Favorites for further reading.