maths is a joke

Carter, I've been looking at Green's Theorem for about 3 hours now, and I gotta say, your motto ain't helping.

But maybe you were talking about people who are good at math initially. :D

[math]\int_{M}d \omega = \int_{\partial M} \omega[/math]

is the more general case. It is used all the time in physics and differential geometry. Here [math]\omega[/math] is a differential n-form on an [math]n[/math]-dimensional manifold with boundary [math]\partial M[/math].

A proof can be found at PlanetMath.

So, in relation to the opening post: if you are not sure, you could always ask on here for ideas, tips, hints and references. ;)

• 3 months later...
My mom said i wont be able to do maths:confused: guess what i looked at it i laughed:D and i did it . My motto for those who struggle with maths ''we see it we do it'':cool:

its good you did not throw in the towel. many people think mahtematics is difficult, they don't only keep it to themselves but go all way to infest others with this syndrome. I am appealing to all lovers of mathematics to help nurse the seed of mathematics in the up and coming generation.

maths is indeed and indispensable tool for a nation building.

Mathematics is difficult. If at any point you've got everything figured out, then someone will gladly come across some new questions to ask and new ideas to explore. Mr Skeptic is right, there is always more complicated maths. That's sort of analogous to the natural sciences as well, in that they are never finished.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

im not totally mathematician, and it was always complex to me,

actually im an Arabic person ...

but im a researcher in mathematical logic, and discrete mathematics,

sometimes i use Linear Algebra and Probability & Statistics, but i only know the simple principles ...

What is todays most complicated math?

I don't know what is the most complicated/advanced/hardest theory.

For me personally, I always found aspects of algebraic topology quite difficult to follow. The same goes for algebraic geometry, however I am slowly getting more acquainted with it. Many of the basic ideas of homological algebra are ok, but anything more advanced and I struggle. Maybe it is because of with my poor knowledge of modern algebra, again slowly getting better.

Other things I have struggled with include c*-algebras & algebraic k-theory, modern analysis (a graduate course on analysis and differential equations I found very hard) .

I think that all areas of mathematics have open problems that are very tough to crack. So you can always find something very complicated that has quite simple origins.

• 5 months later...