NEW LHC monitoring web site with LIVE data

Xymox

Just got back from the LHC portal site. It is a good start and has potential for being one of the best sites on the web for anyone interested in cutting edge experimental physics. Will be looking forward to seeing the future developments there. Oh, and it seems like you can find out nearly anything you want to know about the LHC somewhere on the site or through the links provided.

I just checked out the new site.

Has some fascinating "fly on the wall" stuff. You can spend a lot of time poking around. Webcams at various locations. Screens from actual monitors, reporting up-to-the-minute status of this or that system.

It also has a collection of goodies that the CERN public outreach people have prepared----like animation/photography showing the construction/planned operation of ATLAS compressed into a few minutes.

http://www.LHCPortal.com/

It is an independent volunteer effort, I would reckon.

The guy might conceivably eventually get some income from advertising if the site gets very popular. But it looks like no one is paying him. All the stuff is freely available, but he is doing the work of gathering it all together and organizing it so you can easily navigate around.

Looking good. I wish him success, whoever the guy is.

I would guess it is an under-thirty techno-freak

Edited by Martin

hehehehe.... Actually im a over 40 techo freak :) But I like to think of my self as 20 something :)

No advertising... No no no... Never... No on my site... Nope...

I am a LHC fan.. I have been following it for years...

Its GREAT fun to poke around...

Like I said in the forum,,,, if you find anything interesting make sure to post it in the forum and I will add it to the portal links..

The site went viral at CERN the other day. I had so many hits in the web log from CERN I think the whole place went to my site ! I am concerned they might close off all the cool access... :(

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

I am going to start a thread in my forum for all the kind words about my site.

http://www.lhcportal.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27&start=0&sid=6a2e4b8c02cfac8500c9c5935922fb58

• 2 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.