Does part of M-Theory explain Dark Matter

Hi!

Has anyone put forward the thought that closed loop zero-mass strings (gravitons) not on our brane might leave their influence either as they passed through our brane, or from beyond this brane thereby accounting for gravity that we cannot find matter for (i.e. Dark Matter)?

Or, put another way, that Dark Matter is the apparent missing strength of gravity?

Thanks,

Rusty

• 2 weeks later...

Dark matter is not yet understood however there are some theories around dark matter.

As we know the universe is made out of 22% dark matter (we are told so), dark matter emits nothing e.g radiation and it can not be detected. We have only detected dark mater due to its gravity and the big role it is assumed to take in the birth of a glaxies.

Now to the M-Theory bit, M-theory suggests that there are multi verses and we are just in a bubble with many bubbles around us. Theoretical physicists belive that dark matter is the gravity of other multiverses acting on our own multiverse. For example, asume that our multiverse is a baloon and we live inside the baloon now there are other baloons acting on the surface of our own the baloons plastic, therefore the plastic will warp just like gravity does under mass (well thats my example)

Thank you.

I hope i have helped a little

I would advise watching professor Michio Kaku's videos

Dark matter is not yet understood however there are some theories around dark matter.

As we know the universe is made out of 22% dark matter (we are told so), dark matter emits nothing e.g radiation and it can not be detected. We have only detected dark mater due to its gravity and the big role it is assumed to take in the birth of a glaxies.

Now to the M-Theory bit, M-theory suggests that there are multi verses and we are just in a bubble with many bubbles around us. Theoretical physicists belive that dark matter is the gravity of other multiverses acting on our own multiverse. For example, asume that our multiverse is a baloon and we live inside the baloon now there are other baloons acting on the surface of our own the baloons plastic, therefore the plastic will warp just like gravity does under mass (well thats my example)

Thank you.

I hope i have helped a little

I would advise watching professor Michio Kaku's videos

Bummer. I thought it might be 'my' idea -- I hadn't come across it in anything I'd yet read. Its such an obvious conclusion to come to... I guess I should have known. I will certainly do a search for Michio Kaku's videos.

Thanks,

Rusty

Perhaps we should learn to walk before we run. Does 'M-Theory' qualify as a theory at all? Should we simply toss out The Scientific Method? Even Newton, through his correspondences, repeatedly and stubbornly argued that any explanation that was not 'demonstrable' reside in the realms of philosophy or theology. Without it, physics becomes fertile ground for speculation. Stand back for a moment and observe - it has already begun.

Theoretical physicists belive that dark matter is the gravity of other multiverses acting on our own multiverse.
I think it is only fair to state that these "theoretical physicists" are probably about a dozen people (number guessed, I basically mean "few"). The most prominent explanation for DM is, as far as I know, still almost stable Neutralinos (or maybe other LSPs but I am not sure what other candidates there might be).

I think it is only fair to state that these "theoretical physicists" are probably about a dozen people (number guessed, I basically mean "few"). The most prominent explanation for DM is, as far as I know, still almost stable Neutralinos (or maybe other LSPs but I am not sure what other candidates there might be).

Not a problem -- in fact even better! I thought that this was one of the risky ideas I was using in my sci-fi book. It seems that its not as risky as I thought.

Another risk in my book is that the Many Worlds Interpretation is responsible for dark energy. I doubt anyone is thinking of that!

Thanks!

Rusty