Magnetic Suspension Project.

Jamespenk

Hello there im currently doing a project which involves Magnetic Suspension, since i have limited experience and little knowledge on this idea, i'd like to ask some questions which can come up in my Project Specification.

My intention is to replace who torsion system of a car (torsion bars, springs etc) and replace it with Magnetic Suspension. I have to consider different variables that can change in magnetism i.e the strength of a magnet or distance between each magnet.

Im about to ask some questions, now that you know what im doing i'd be grateful if you can return your answers with solutions.

1. Can i create torque (rotary force) using magnetism?

2. Can i produce enough magnetism to absorb a shock load during impact of a speed bump?

3. Which other factors can i bring up to question.

1. You would probably need two magnets with differing poles to go that or maybe you could do with something like a generator where an electromagnetic field is created by passing current through coils of wire. As this generates it's own magnetic field it will cause the magnet inside to rotate.

2. With sufficient control over the magnetic field strength then you could.

3. Essentially only two factors affect magnetism, the strength of the magnetic field and the distance between the magnets.