Google wave

http://wave.google.com/help/wave/about.html#video

I was just thinking that if you admins were ever bored, and this interests you, then it might be cool to try and implement into Science Forums.

I haven't actually used Google Wave yet, because I need an invite still :-( , but the video about it looks interesting, especially the part about implementing it's APIs in other websites to make use of it's functionality if you have it. If you don't have it, I assume it wouldn't make much difference to the actual forums themselves.

Just an idea, hopefully you like it. If google wave takes off in popularity once it's fully released, I would ideally like all my favourite sites to partake. :D

vB/Wave integration sounds like a... rather large project.

I'm apparently in the fast track queue to get access now, or something.

"Invitations will not be sent immediately. We have a lot of stamps to lick."

Hopefully tomorrow!

vB/Wave integration sounds like a... rather large project.

I'm apparently in the fast track queue to get access now, or something.

"Invitations will not be sent immediately. We have a lot of stamps to lick."

Hopefully tomorrow!

Indeed it does seem large, but could be a fun project (depending on your definition of fun). And if google wave does take off, it could be quite beneficial to the boards, but I guess time will tell on that part.

How did you get in the fast track for wave? I'll probably be waiting until the official release before the let me (and everyone else) use it. :rolleyes:

I would love to hear from people who have tried it, just for my own curiosity, how you actually feel about it. Like? Dislike? That sort of stuff. I only know one person who has it, and they seem to love it and think that it actually may revolutionize the inet in some way. I suppose only if lots of major website were to integrate it... hint hint haha