Computer program (???)

blackbraniac

To my experience (I am a java programmer), first, you have to take the lessons about computer basics, things like OS, hardware and software, input and output.....

Those can be practiced about 3 months individually, very easily...

then you choose a programming language, depending on your wish.....

And I think for programming, I really recommend you to go for regular lessons in an educational organisation, like Sun Microsystem registered ones, that you can learn with qualified instructor, and more over, you can get qualification if you pass the exams......

It takes about 1 month to learn the whole package of Java, well if you are really hardworking. To me, I take it separately in a half year, so I get practicing regularly after each section off package is finished.....

Check out on your local computer educational organisation for more info...

Albert

I also have a problem...my browser will not allow me to access external links. It will freeze up, along with the mouse, on the page. The mouse can still actually move, but if an hourglass was beside it will not go away. My browser bar on the bottom is fine.

Whenever it acts up like this, I have to press ctrl-alt-delete just to remove the page. My actual computer is completely fine, except that I have a problem with getting the net in which it takes multiple tries (I have DSL).

Sorry about the choppy writing...

I also have a problem...my browser will not allow me to access external links. It will freeze up' date=' along with the mouse, on the page. The mouse can still actually move, but if an hourglass was beside it will not go away. My browser bar on the bottom is fine.

Whenever it acts up like this, I have to press ctrl-alt-delete just to remove the page. My actual computer is completely fine, except that I have a problem with getting the net in which it takes multiple tries (I have DSL)..[/quote']

What browser?

Just how easy/hard/whatever is it to create your own?

Well, right now I'm pretty good at BASIC (at least TI-83 basic) and I would say, in basic (it's basic, all right) it's pretty easy. At least until something goes wrong and you have to spend hours to figure out why...

blackbraniac, I assume that your browser is IE, reinstall it, or choose FireFox :D

a little nice browser to use....

For the programming language, if you only want to make programs that work on Windows, choose Basic, which is a very easy programming language to start with.......

If you want to makeanything that you can just imagine, even OS, then choose C language.......which is more technical, and difficult to learn too....

Similar to C, Java would be much easier to use for normal purposes....

C language is the most technical

Java is the most sufficient, because it is easy, OOP, cross-plaform etc...

Basic is the easiest.

Albert

C/C++ may be more technical, but you can make practically anything in them. I don't think a lot of enterprise systems are made using Java either.

But yes, Visual Basic is an ideal language to start on, and it'll ease you into programming nicely.

While a formal education in programing is nice, it is not required.

This book has done it for me(well, I have the last edition).

So with a good book some free time and a compiler, you can learn it.

And I dont think Basic is so useful for the purpose of programming,......

I only use it for macros, and windows vb scripts, or viruses , Basic is more scripting to me rather than programming...

Visual Basic is an important language and can land you a good job in App, API or even SQL jobs/contracts. MS SQL Server and Visual Basic when used in combination can be a very powerful thing.

And I dont think Basic is so useful for the purpose of programming,......

Have to disagree. When you want a quick program with a UI, you don't mess around creating UI's and stuff in Java for 30 minutes, you knock up a quick interface in VB, put a bit of code in and you're done.