Pressure

To answer thermodynamical questions it is nessecary to know the properties of the system and the properties of the process you´re talking about.

In this case, I think this might help you:

- An isolated system with variable volume V in an external pressure will expand/compress until the internal pressure equals the external pressure.

- Reducing the volume V of a system with a pressure of p by dV increases it´s internal energy E by: dE = p*dV

- For an ideal gas (that most common gases can be treatened as) the relation between energy and temperature is: E = 1.5*N*k*T, where N is the number of particles and k is a constant (Boltzmann-constant). EDIT: I think for most "real" gases like O2 you simply have to adjust the 1.5.

Proposed process:

Increasing external pressure => Reducing volume of the system with positive internal pressure => increase in energy => increase in temperature.

Note:

- internal pressure does not nessecarily remain constant over the process.

- your question lacked a lot (almost all) of nessecary details to be answered correctly. Above is just what I thought that might help you.

EDIT2: Oh, I just saw I allready met one of your posts before. Well, this was slightly better but not really good. Try to stick to the [Title: question in short form; 1st paragraph: Introduction what you´re trying to do/find out; Next paragraph(s): What you allready know or think to know about the problem, Last paragraph: Your question] scheme. I know it´s not so easy to formulate questions/answers/texts in a way they´re easily understandable for others. Had to learn it the hard way myself :rolleyes:. And I´m still on it which is one of the main reasons I post in forums such as this.