Basic HTML Pop-Up

recently i went on a website which had a pop-up message saying:

"click yes to enter the website"

however the only option was to click 'ok' so obviously you couldnt enter the website,

possibly it was done by refreshing the page each time 'ok' was clicked,

but it wasnt just the same 'once off' pop up copy and pasted loads of times because i held down enter for a while, and the message just kept poping up, and there was no way it was copy and pasted THAT many times,

so what is the HTML code for this pop up which yuo cant get rid of?

well, i take it you went to that link. (it does no damage, just annoys you).

but, you can either do what that site does and you have to fulfil the reqs of the code(clicking OK till it finishes it's message) or create a loop w/ in a loop, with nothing to break(terminate) the cycle.

well, that link has an end to the loop, so eventually you'll get out of it. i did it a few times. and one time i was extremely bored, i actually read the entire thing this guy had there. lol, that took away 20 minutes of my life i'll never be able to recover. but also pressing and holding the Enter/Return button will get you out since it'll keep on clicking OK......

well for Java Script, you don't need any programs(i think), but for Java, you'll need to either download or buy one. although i haven't seen a free version of Java.

It was a modal prompt, which is the most basic dialogue that JavaScript can trigger.

It was probably attached to an "onLoad", "onFocus" or "onMouseOver" event.

Note that java and javascript have nothing to do with each other, despite the names.

Note that java and javascript have nothing to do with each other' date=' despite the names.[/quote']

hmm, wasn't aware of that.

but then that will explain why java needs a compiler and java script does not.

(i've never touched java and never will ;) )

JavaScript is an interpreted language developed by Netscape. It started life as "LiveWire", then was renamed "LiveScript", and eventually became known as "JavaScript" after being passed to the ECMA.

Java is a compiled programming language that Sun Microsystems started developing in 1990.

ok, so how would i make it!

If you want it for your website, then, a little word of warning. It is VERY annoying to some people on the net. Doing it may PERMANENTLY damage the number of viewers on your site. So, just watch out :)

If you want to make your own pop-up prompt, this is the code:

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
<!-- 
function myAlert() {
 alert("Your properly escaped message here")
}
// -->
</script>

^-- Goes before your closing HEAD tag.

on[Event]="myAlert()"

^-- as an attribute of the HTML element you want to trigger the alert.

You can find the list of generic events here:

http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-2-Events/events.html#Events-eventgroupings-htmlevents

You should only use an alert if you really really really have no alternative.

Sayonara³: That will display one alert box, for an infinite loop of them you'd use this code.

<!-- 
function myAlert() {
 var i = 1;
 while(i > 0) {
   alert("Your properly escaped message here");
 }
}
// -->
</script>

then to do it when the page loads, make your body tag look like this:

<body onload="myAlert();">

I haven't tested this code, but I can't see why it won't work.

That would work (if you included code to reload the page after the prompt is cleared), but since the prompt is modal all you have to do for infinite pop-ups with my code is make the event "onFocus". It's less typing ;)

As soon as you clear the prompt, the trigger regains focus and voila! New prompt.

one sec, i used to do basic html/java stuff, since you all seem to know what you are talking about, can someone just post the whole code which i can copy and paste, just make the message wtvr you want, i understand java better than i write it, i can edit it after... thnx

Sayonara³: That will display one alert box' date=' for an infinite loop of them you'd use this code.

<!-- 
function myAlert() {
 var i = 1;
 while(i > 0) {
   alert("Your properly escaped message here");
 }
}
// -->
</script>

then to do it when the page loads, make your body tag look like this:

I haven't tested this code, but I can't see why it won't work.[/quote']

thanks ive done this and it works, just a warning, i think the only way to shut the windows is to log off [network or windows itself] or shut down your computer! but thanks loads, good prank for friends, ill upload it to a website and tell you all the address, but dont go to it, coz u wont get out, i dont think anyway, maybe u could terminate the program! internet explorer

read my above message for the script,

this has been hosted on:

not any more, the sites down

only go on this is you dont want to get out, actually, you can get out, but only by ending the process, in windows this is ctrl+alt+del

kinda off the subject, go onto

http://www.teamcti.com/pview/prcview.htm

this is a good reliable process viewer, and when you click 'kill task' unlike windows, it will terminate the program instantly wtvr program it is! even windows.exe!!!

go to:

http://www.teamcti.com/pview/prcview.htm

• 4 months later...

well yeah, because of

that part of course it will work (assuming the rest is set up fine) seemingly my site is no longer working, fear not, i will upload into school's shared area under the name "please read"!

well yeah, because of

that part of course it will work (assuming the rest is set up fine) seemingly my site is no longer working, fear not, i will upload into school's shared area under the name "please read"!

• 2 months later...

how would i embed login password boxes into a popup particulary this code

<B>Group name or 
 username:</B> <INPUT size=10 name=user MAXSIZE="10"> 
 <P><B>Password:</B> <INPUT type=password size=10 name=pass MAXSIZE="10"> 
 <P><INPUT type=submit value=Submit> <INPUT type=reset value=Clear>