The Present

Jethro Tull

I have been reading an interesting book lately called "The Present." It is very hard to categorize, as it is vast, but it is the most thought-provoking book I've ever read. It talks about a lot of obvious things that make sense, but we don't ever think about them. This book opened me up to a lot of new ideas.

It's a free book, The Present, at http://www.thetruthcontest.com

It's like nothing I've ever read before, and you'll see what I mean just by reading the first 5 pages or so. Share your thoughts! :)

it uses a lot of faulty logic.

for instance, the immortality one.

just because i cannot be concious of being unconcious, does not mean that i am immortal. it means i will not be able to percieve being dead. mainly because i will be dead and hence not concious.

fact, people die.

fact, immortal is defined as undying.

conclusion, humans are not immortal.

That particular logic implies to me that life is never-ending from our perspective, thus we cannot experience anything other than life.

I agree people die, the ego dies when the mind dies, at the point where the body can no longer support the mind. What about the pure awareness, the receiver of life that is behind all thoughts, behind the ego? There is no death, except for the death of the ego.