Has anyone ever installed vbLatex on vBulletin?

quddusaliquddus

I haven't actually installed it, but I can provide a bit of help, since I've worked a bit on our installation before.

Can you tell me which step(s) are vague or unclear for you? Also, what kind of web server are you on? Shared hosting, dedicated, VPS... You'll have to see if you have dvipng and latex installed, and doing so varies depending on webhosting.

Are you on a shared server or a dedicated/VPS server? If it's a shared server, you'll likely have to ask the host to install it for you -- dvipng is an executable program, rather than just another web application, and shared hosts don't let you install stuff in the locations dvipng installs itself.

Thanks again.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

I contacted my hosting providers and they said:

You have to make sure that all the modules required for vbLatex are setup with your forum. You can check the url http://xyloid.org/projects/vblatex/ for more help. Once you install all the necessary modules, you can go ahead and setup vblatex from the vbulletin admin panel.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

OK. Sorry for all the questions. This is my first forum Im setting up, infact its my first website. So Im basically a noob. Do I download the linux version of latex because my web host server is linux based?