Good book on quantum mechanics?

Quantum mechanics makes me want to cry. Does anyone have any suggestions on good books that really break things down. I believe this is one of the few subjects that i would willingly buy a book with dummy in the title such as "quantum mechanics for dummies." Unfortunately there isn't a book out there with this title. In fact i haven't found any books that attempt to really break quantum mechanics down. I have Griffiths, a dover book on problems in quantum mechanics, and i've read over the Schaum's outline. Does anyone have any suggestions?

thanx.

-justin

Easiest way to get around it is to start at something you understand and build up from there......

ANyway are you looking for a lamens book? http://www.magicmountain.com ....

Breif history of time?

Or the documenteries "the elegant universe" of which i personally recommend to every one into physics or not....its got cool graphics of stuff..

Easiest way to get around it is to start at something you understand and build up from there......

ANyway are you looking for a lamens book? http://www.magicmountain.com ....

Breif history of time?

Or the documenteries "the elegant universe" of which i personally recommend to every one into physics or not....its got cool graphics of stuff..

not looking for a laymans book. I'm looking for a book that does a good job of explaining the math and physics. My problem with quantum mechanics is that there isn't a good place to start. I managed my way through a quantum physics course last semester, and i'll be taking the quantum chemistry one this fall. A good break down of of the linear algebra involved is really what i'm looking for.