controlling the sex of your baby

gib65

Is it true that you can increase your chance of having a boy or a girl depending on what time of the month you conceive? I was told that during one half of the woman's menstral cycle, her system is more hospitable to X sperms than Y sperms, and that during the other half, it's more hospitable to the Y sperms than the X sperms.

Is there any truth to this, and if so which half of the cycle is which, and by how much do the odds increase/decrease?

Somewhere I read that if you soak your testicles in cold water before "attempting conception", you're 100% guaranteed to have a male child. I think it's all a hoax, but that's just me.

IIRC, sperm carrying an X chromosome have a different density from those carrying a Y chromosome, so that by careful ultracentrifugation you could separate them. Not sure the resulting mess would be viable, though :P

On the other hand, you can apparently sort sperm by flow cytometry: still not 100% reliable, but supposedly >90%...

Somewhere I read that if you soak your testicles in cold water before "attempting conception", you're 100% guaranteed to have a male child. I think it's all a hoax, but that's just me.
Yeah, I'd like to see somebody try to 'attempt conception' after soaking his stones in ice water too.