Wireless Router "Freeze"

ParanoiA

I've gone through several wireless routers, from CompUSA brand to LinkSys and I can't seem to find a relatively trouble free router. What is the freakin' deal?

We have 3 PC's in the house - my PC is the only one with a direct ethernet connection, the other two are wireless. Every two or three days I'm having to restart it because the router freezes, or wireless connection speeds are crawling, or won't let my son connect at all. Security is a pain in the ass because I have to set all of this crap up, over and over again.

And this has been the case with every wireless router I've owned. I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary. I connect to my DSL via pppoe with the router, and of course, my PC - the "wired" connection - doesn't have any issues at all - never.

What do I have to do to get a router that will just route, and quit making me get under the hood every few days to set everything up again and again?

My router never even requires re-configuration when reset. It fires right back up again the way it was. And I've reset it about twice.

Linksys WRT54G.

Do you do a lot of torrenting/filesharing/something-like-that-ing? I know some routers can't keep track of that many connections and crap out on filesharing.

Oh, actually yeah I do. I get all my TV from torrents. I'm going to keep an eye on that then and see if that's when it craps out the most. I'll bet that's been the deal all this time. Thanks Cap'n.