Where are greenhouse gases located?

Guest FarFrumLEET

Guest FarFrumLEET

I've searched and searched, but I have yet to find information on the location of greenhouse gases (what layer of the atmosphere). I would also like to know if they are located at the bottom or top of that layer. (example= the ozone is mainly in the top of the stratosphere). The only information that I could find is regarding the composition of the "greenhouse gases" but not the actual location. Thanks.

Isn't water vapor technically a "greenhouse" gas? I would think greenhouse gases would concentrate at all levels of the atmosphere depending on its properties and how they react with other natural gases in those areas.

Well, ozone is unstable as well. Even though we can make it, it would break down quickly. Also, the cost of electricity would be too much to make enough so that it would block the UV rays. Not a stupid question at all, I might add

Ozone is formed by lightning, why don't we pass electricity into the atmosphere (O2) and get some ozone for preventing too much ultraviolet radiation?

there is a place in the USA (I don`t rem the name, but it`s close to a big city) in a valley, and they have very long thin wires that stretch for miles around, and they pass an electrical current through them to do exactly what you suggest on a local level, apparently the smog in that area claims many lives weekly and is extremely toxic, since these wires were put into use the smog levels droped as did the mortality rate :)

wind direction and other weather conditions are taken into consideration during use so that they know when and which wire arrays to activate, but yes, it DOES work :))

not that I`m aware of? NOx gasses sure and CO2 and water. O3 on the other hand???

if there were to be any, it would only be minimal trace generated by the spark plug discharge, but then alot of that would be used in combustion as O3 is alot more reactive than O2.

hmmm.... that's what I read. Must be pretty accurate though. Is it possible?

about O3 being emitted? we`ll chemicaly there would be trace amounts, but not in significant amounts to be an issue, the NOx gasses are the real PITA :)

to be honest, it would be very unlikely, but then again I don`t know what book or just how thourough it covers subjects? so that would be impossible to determine, I`de have thought it wouldn`t though.

carcinogenics, apparently when meat fat hits the coals on a BBQ it gives off these polycyclic hydrocarbons and contaminates your food (we call it flavour, LOL).

tell her not to worry her head about it just yet, I`m more than sure she will learn about them sooner or later :)