Chaos Theory. Is it relevant?

samtheflash82

Is the Chaos Theory relevant when it comes to time travel in terms of relativity? Let me lay out an example.

A person (A) has figured out a way to go back in time. He travels back in time and somehow prevents his own conception. According to the Chaos Theory, he should simply blink out of existence, but I think not. He has traveled back in time, yes, but his actions in the past will have no bearing on the future that he left. It is true that if A prevents his own conception, he will not be born in this time, but he was still born in another time. I think of it as a sort of parallel universe. In the same way that a 2-dimensional "being" can go from one place to another via the 3rd dimension, a time traveler can go from one time to another, via the 5th dimension, which is, in effect, jumping from one set of possible futures, to another completely different set.

This video should help you understand what I mean.