sounds

Norman Albers

The spider, a long-legged one in my tiled shower, emitted a little squeak a few octaves above middle C, presumably saying "don't start the water and flush me." First I thought, sure I've been tuning too many pianos. I had not yet started the water and crouched down next to it on the floor, and it squeaked again, twice, so I moved it outside. The cougar shrieked, warning me to stay away from it and its two cubs. I no longer blunder outside after dark to take a wizz. The red fox has me feeling ignorant. I first met it last winter when I was stacking some sticks down in the drainage. It was adolescent and looked at me from 15 feet away. I stayed crouched, talked softly, and it started walking to me. Halfway it caught itself and stopped. This past Sept. I was loading things into my station wagon one mid-morning, and the fox appeared. They have an air voice, "AAh-ah aah ah" sort of thing. After carrying on most of a minute, with me answering saying yes I am leaving, my beautiful friend, it moved a few feet and continued. I was stunned but now I am wondering if it was complaining about the cessation of all my watering. Maybe I should have just dripped a hose instead of marveling at it.

Edited by Norman Albers

I looked down and I saw the rabbit and he asked me where the eagle was. I said I haven't seen him. He replied well good I need to go to my family. I saw the eagle the eagle said hey have you seen the rabbit. I replied yes he is with his family have you seen my cat. The coyote scurried by and asked his wife what was for dinner I shouted out not me ................ what you gonna do gimpy. The owl swooshshed by and said hey princess please watch over us, I replied anything for you beautiful. The little dust bunny with ears named field mouse sat next to me and watched a movie, his friends left me some crumbs in my toaster. The long legged spider asked me not to flush him I replied I hope you can hold your breath...............la guer!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.